Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Movieblob

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:11 am

It is a good result when you think about it. I hate escapist, I hate bob and I hate russ. If russ takes over and hires blob, then they can all go down together. After ten years, people STILL only know the website exists because of fucking yahtzee. It's not like piss boy potter hasn't tried to make his own shows that would take off. He tried and they bombed because he has zero talent.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:46 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:48 am
According to them their plan is not to be successful

https://archive.fo/MGaVF

Honestly, if you hate Bob this is the best thing you could have hoped for.
Worst case scenario: He's going to end his deal with Geek.com to do videos for someone who will pay him even less
Best case scenario: Pitts is going to give him his old shows back in exchange for exclusivity, which means no more paypigs and, again, they'll pay him even less than what they used to.

Remember when Bob bragged about how The Escapist is in the toilet? He's going to learn firsthand just how badly they're in the toilet. A brief bit of hubris before he goes to hell.
I think you're ignoring one thing that Pitts is probably thinking about these guys with successful Patreons: he doesn't need to pay them too much. "No more paypigs"? They are fully expecting the paypigs to keep footing for the creators' bilths as a strategy to save money. In fact, Bob et. al. may be paid "in kind" or "in exposure", since they have their Paymetons set up and running so well.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Hence the worst case scenario.
Bob genuinely believes it makes a difference what he calls his shows
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Gotta get dem nostalgia boners for classic Gen 1 Blob shows.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 pm

So Pitts was in a podcast claiming he took back the EIC role because Escapist became an alt-right site and it's just like. Fucking where? It's literally just Yahtzee on the main site and the forums have always been REEEEsetera lite where they selectively enforce the rules on anyone right of Mao.

For Blob and Pitts, I doubt they actually care about the site. For them it's about saving face among their fellow libtard journalists. If they bring the site to it's former glory they can be endlessly smug about how they proved that SJW games journalism vanquished the alt right and if the site collapses they can claim they were fighting the good fight and would have saved the day if wasn't for all the racist gamers. Then they move to another site and get hired and bring their cancer with them.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 am

Oengae wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 pm
So Pitts was in a podcast claiming he took back the EIC role because Escapist became an alt-right site and it's just like. Fucking where? It's literally just Yahtzee on the main site and the forums have always been REEEEsetera lite where they selectively enforce the rules on anyone right of Mao.
He's done nothing but lie about The Escapist's political alignment, or even the extent to which they were pro-GG, from the beginning. That's what SJWs do. They always lie. When he said he didn't want politics on the site he meant 'politics that aren't my own'.

Pretty much everything I predicted he'd do he's already admitting to doing.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:33 am

Russ has been dishonest from pretty much day 1. You can go find the Game Dogs threads where he banned everyone and read the bullshit excuses and spin he gave for why that was okay. The reason we don't talk about him more here is he's been utterly irrelevant for years. I wouldn't be surprised if he fucks up the escapist so badly that they end up losing Yahtzee aka the only thing that people know their website for.

Russ is a truly vile SJW cunt. He only cares about ideology and promoting himself.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 am

I hope Archon sues him. Pitts has been going around spreading utter bullshit that Archon fed Milo Yiannopoulos leaked emails from Escapist staff so that Milo could write hitpieces on them. It's both patently false (Milo's big hitpieces were on John Flynt, Sick Nick Nyberg and Randi 'Randwhale' Harper, three people who never worked for The Escapist) and hilarious as Archon, unlike Pitts, actually has some integrity.
Kugelfisch wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:50 am

More proof Puss Pittstain is a delusional SJW. Archon isn't half as conservative as the SJW crew made him out to be.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:59 am

Neither was The Escapist
Kugelfisch wrote: