Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movieblob

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:34 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:02 pm
Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm
What's the maximum amount of ammo a lever action rifle can hold?
Maybe 17 rounds or so if you get a tube one. The old style tube ones are loaded in a similar fashion to a musket lel. You have to actually take a ramrod out of it and put in bullets and ram them down. :lol:
Those weren't used anymore when the lever action came along. Instead, you'd have single loaders like the Sharps. Basically, you have the brass, load it with blackpowder, some felt or cloth and a greased lead projectile (balls or bullets) and et voila you've got a cartridge. Load it, put an igniter on the falling block and you're ready.
With skill, you can fire about ten shots a minute. A .52 calibre lead ball will fuck absolutely everyone's shit up. Too bad you won't get to shoot since you'll get rained down on from some dude using a Winchester. Much smaller calibre but the fire rate and the ability to load additional cartridges in between salvos means that you're not going to leave your cover anytime soon.

Still, you shouldn't make fun of those old rifles. My father has a Gallager carbine and let me tell you that the thing wrecks shit. If you get hit by a Winchester, you're hurt. That thing instead kills you. With the medical situation back then, you'd simply be fucked.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:34 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:02 pm
Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm
What's the maximum amount of ammo a lever action rifle can hold?
Maybe 17 rounds or so if you get a tube one. The old style tube ones are loaded in a similar fashion to a musket lel. You have to actually take a ramrod out of it and put in bullets and ram them down. :lol:
Those weren't used anymore when the lever action came along. Instead, you'd have single loaders like the Sharps. Basically, you have the brass, load it with blackpowder, some felt or cloth and a greased lead projectile (balls or bullets) and et voila you've got a cartridge. Load it, put an igniter on the falling block and you're ready.
With skill, you can fire about ten shots a minute. A .52 calibre lead ball will fuck absolutely everyone's shit up. Too bad you won't get to shoot since you'll get rained down on from some dude using a Winchester. Much smaller calibre but the fire rate and the ability to load additional cartridges in between salvos means that you're not going to leave your cover anytime soon.

Still, you shouldn't make fun of those old rifles. My father has a Gallager carbine and let me tell you that the thing wrecks shit. If you get hit by a Winchester, you're hurt. That thing instead kills you. With the medical situation back then, you'd simply be fucked.
I'm talking about how you load, for example, a Henry rifle. There's a little included ramrod thing for you to ram the bullets down after you finish loading in all the cartridges.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:18 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:59 pm
I'm talking about how you load, for example, a Henry rifle. There's a little included ramrod thing for you to ram the bullets down after you finish loading in all the cartridges.
The fuck are you talking about?

You put the cartridges into the magazine tube. Slamming them down isn't only not necessary, it's the absolutely last thing you want to do.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Is tictac thinking of that spring-loaded rod used with tube-fed .22s?
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:46 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm
Is tictac thinking of that spring-loaded rod used with tube-fed .22s?
Yeah. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:06 am

The Henry also has that, as you can see in the video up there.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 am

RAPEMAN wrote:

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 am

Just got out of Infinity War. Spoilers ahead for anyone who cares
SpoilerShow
So first things first, this was originally announced as a two parter, with the second half coming out next year, but then they changed their minds and said now Avengers 4 will be a secret project. Turns out the secret is they lied, this ends right in the middle of the story with the bad guy winning and half the established cast, along with half of the population of earth, being killed. Except most of those characters, such as Spiderman and the Guardians of the Galaxy, are already confirmed to have sequels coming out either next year or 2020 so that's why I doubt it's over. But have no fear, because in the post credits sequence, just before he dies, Samuel L Jackson gets a message out to Captain Marvel, who will save the simple men with her womanly powers.

Not really sure how Bob will react to this, he'll probably insist Spiderman stay dead so they can bring in Miles Morales or comes back as Toby Maguire. But it's mostly big action scenes with tons of characters fighting faceless enemies you don't really need to give a shit about. Also, Thanos is on his side. See, Thanos in this movie comes from a planet that died from overpopulation and wants to wipe out half the population of the universe in order to ensure the survivors have plenty of resources. But Thanos believes in doing this randomly, which means some Wakandans, including Black Panther, got killed off too. So Bob'll be pissed about that but on board with the rest.

All in all, he'll probably give this a three stars and bitch that Spiderman didn't die at the beginning instead of the end.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 am

drisko wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 am
SpoilerShow
All in all, he'll probably give this a three stars and bitch that Spiderman didn't die at the beginning instead of the end.
That's a bit optimistic. He'll probably give it five stars and claim it to be on par with Citizen Kane or The Godfather. In fact, since it's in parts much like The Godfather, I predict a comparison
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 am
I never watched Spongebob so I don't get the joke aside from a series of Blob tweets of him being a Nazi fuck.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.