Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:58 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Even someone on a hardcore keto diet would look at Blob's "meat" and refuse to eat that much pure fat.
Well, you posted Snake Eater. Snake would eat him. A good, fat MovieBob would keep him fed in the jungle for a long while.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:04 am

Would definitely make for a fun radio conversation.

"Hey Snake, what have you been eating?"
"It's called 'MovieBlob'. Kind tastes like pork. Must be really fat though, 'cause I feel pretty full and heavy all of a sudden."
"You better avoid swimming for the next half hour then."
"If you say so..."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:14 am

So, been check the kiwi shit and his twitter for something to laugh... and Bob hs been his usual, by now his limp dicked rage is just boring and it only gets funny when he is called out by someone who has more clout than him, or what he thinks of clout (ie, subscribers and followers) and is on is on his "side" of the fence.

But this called my attention:

For context, people have been bitching about Marvel movies and how Bob kiss their ass, and he bitched back about they not being perfect movies, but they work was intended and then talk about comic movie books blah blah blah.

But then he mentions about the movies he REALLY enjoys, because Bob is very different from his overthinker days, he doesn't want to associate himself with being a "geek" persona, since that has been taken into a whole new context, either angry twitter people, funko dools reviewers or general internet shills, so now he treats Marvel movies as something he has to do because of the audience.

Fair enough, that is what people want from him, I would do the same if. But then again, what are the movies he is acctually over the moon about? I don't take pride on this, but I keep with his twitter, and he doesn't talk all that much about culture or movies, and I've never seen him talk about any books he is reading, or plays, or even videogames.

He either talks trump and nazis, or hot takes and philosophical waxing on dumb popcorn flicks (which now is 90% comic book movies).

Only time I see Bob commenting on other types of movies is either a single tweet about a netfilx thing, or the oscar pandering that agrees with his politics, like Moonlight.

So... there is that, Moviebob is just a lot of hot air, angry and bloated, but no susbstance. His film knowledge seems to come from those "1001 movies to see before you die" books and lists of b movie geeks favorites, but nothing else besides skin deep politics and what he seems to believe to be his own political philosophy about results and societal evolution.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:23 am

B+ movies? That's extremely high praise and very dumb. Even the best Mahvul movie is a C in my book. And the best one I can think of is Winter Soldier. Which is a C. It's perfectly fine but still kind of dumb because it's a capeshit. The winter soldier part of the plot was stupid.

Blob strikes me as the kind of movie "critic" who watches mostly modern shit he finds on those imdb lists of top "underrated" movies. That + whatever he has to watch for his "muh job" of sitting on ass and sperging about whatever is in theaters. I've never heard any film criticism from him that revealed a genuinely deep understanding of movies or a love for cinematography that goes beyond whatever nerdshit pushes the political agenda he favors.

Movies have been around more than a hundred years. In pretty much every genre. If you can't find something you like that was made before 1970, odds are pretty good you're not looking. I'm not saying Blob doesn't have any old movies like that he likes, but the only one I remember him talking about was fucking Citizen Kane. I'm not even sure I'm right about that one.

He should spend less time watching mahvul trash and more time listening to dvd extra commentary tracks from people who actually make and critique films. He's the best example of the clueless idiot who teaches something they know nothing about.

https://genius.com/Bob-chipman-moviebob ... -annotated

Pacific Rimjob best movie of 2013 apparently. :roll: :roll: :roll: I watched that entire movie with a friend wanting to like it and we both agreed it was awful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 am

It's all nerdshit with Bob. Or else he parrots what other, popular critics say about films. He wants us to believe he has more substance than that but he really doesn't
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:58 am

Why the fuck am I getting notifications for this thread by everyone who posts here, I don't even care about the blob
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 am

Sounds like some kind of mistake. Are you listed as following the thread or something?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:11 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:58 am
Why the fuck am I getting notifications for this thread by everyone who posts here, I don't even care about the blob
See the top of the thread? See the wrench thing? On the drop down menu it should either say 'Subscribe topic' or 'Unsubscribe Topic'. If it says unsubscribe, then you've subscribed to be notified of new posts here
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:28 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 am
It's all nerdshit with Bob. Or else he parrots what other, popular critics say about films. He wants us to believe he has more substance than that but he really doesn't
He wants to be an unironic IRL Cinema Snob, yet has nothing to back his ego up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Blob takes a pic with some corporate"indie" sci-fi dvd in his mouth and wearing a trilby and a thinkgeek shirt with the caption "I'm not like all the other nerds teehee!"