Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Oengae

Re: Movieblob

Post by Oengae » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 am

If it was made pre-Current Year she would have had better characterization than "stronk wammen who don't need no man" and the critics would still be somewhat reliable, not soy'd out goons

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 am

Oengae wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 am
If it was made pre-Current Year she would have had better characterization than "stronk wammen who don't need no man"
No she wouldn't. The Tomb Raider remake came out around that time, that was stronk wahmen who don't need no man. Mary Sues have been around for a long time
Oengae wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 am
and the critics would still be somewhat reliable, not soy'd out goons
No they wouldn't. They've been soyed out goons for a long time. You're only just noticing.

The only difference is that people wouldn't be buying into this shit. Of the two original MCU movies, the Hulk didn't do that well financially and Captain Marvel isn't exactly a known quantity. In addition getting an attractive woman to play the lead role would have turned off the presumable target audience of embittered feminist cunts who hate any woman more attractive than they are.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 pm

I disagree I don’t think even in 2019 Marvel would’ve marketed the film they way they did if they casted a likeable or more attractive actress. Saying that though for all their virtue signalling they didn’t have the balls to relese a female led superhero film till the very end so if it did end up flopping Avengers is out the next month and will make billions anyway.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:54 pm

It is pretty suspicious how all these soyboys are celebrating this sausage fest of a shared universe. Makes ya think.

Also odd that the current gold standard for a capeshit lady character arc is Wonder Woman, and hers was "I just realized that humans can be assholes".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:54 pm
It is pretty suspicious how all these soyboys are celebrating this sausage fest of a shared universe. Makes ya think.

Also odd that the current gold standard for a capeshit lady character arc is Wonder Woman, and hers was "I just realized that humans can be assholes".
Realizing and accepting that humans can be assholes instead of blaming one big bad boogieman for all the world's problems (hmm, how might that apply to our time in a most unwoke way...). It's an arc. Not a great arc, especially since Aries being the main villain anyway severely undermines it, but an arc. Also Gal Gadot is better looking and more charismatic than Brie Larson, despite not being a great actor.

In this day and age of making stronk female characters because wahmen are amazing and depicting them realistically, different from men with different strengths and weaknesses (or even HAVING weaknesses) is offensive, passable is the new great

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 pm

>using capeshit garbage as measurement of your own worth
Bravo, women.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:53 am
It’s a film that if they were gonna do it should’ve been the first film in the series not the second to last.
Ethan van Sciver (spelling?) likened it to the plastic-wrapped three packs of comics back when he was a boy. You'd see a Spiderman and an X-Men comic but the one in the middle was a mystery and usually shit. But the pack was still worth it and Marvel could justify printing as many copies of the bullshit comic that way.
I think that's spot on. After Infinity War people were going to watch any old shit just to be informed for the final movie they actually care about. It directly boosted the numbers of Captain Penis Envy. They prevented it from bombing this way.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 pm

I think Kugel's on the money there.

EDIT:

Blob chimes in on #KillVic, or rather the person he retweeted does.

I checked the mentions and the xir is getting BTFO.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 pm

EDIT:

Where was this? Bob has such an insane number of tweets and retweets I couldn't find it when I looked.

You know, there's been jokes made about Spoony living on Twitter, but he's nothing compared to Moviebob.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 pm

EDIT:

Has he reblogged from Renfamous? That would be a match made in unjustifiably smug SJW heaven.