Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:57 pm

To quote yourself:
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:08 pm
From his RT bio: 'He has published seven volumes of collected work and the original 'novelized let's-play' "Super-Mario Bros 3: Brick-By-Brick."'
"Original", aka "first" aka "my properly-evolved mind is the first to have come up with this ingenius idea".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:13 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:57 pm
To quote yourself:
Keith Chegwin wrote:
From his RT bio: 'He has published seven volumes of collected work and the original 'novelized let's-play' "Super-Mario Bros 3: Brick-By-Brick."'
"Original", aka "first" aka "my properly-evolved mind is the first to have come up with this ingenius idea".
All the essential parts of a Let's Play are there! How Sanic gave you shellshock, how that stupid grandmother of yours can go fuck herself because playing Gameboy in the car is better and how you were kinda but not really bullied in school because you were dumb but actually super smart. All everyone would want from a Mario LP.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:54 am
You bet that Movieblob uses that line as well.
You would be right.
Wait just a fucking second here. You say that's from his bio; did you copypaste it? If so, that means that he hyphenated "Super-Mario" and omitted the period after the word "Bros."? Fantastic.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:48 am

The period I can forgive but the hyphen?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:32 am

SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:35 am

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:09 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 am
Wait just a fucking second here. You say that's from his bio; did you copypaste it? If so, that means that he hyphenated "Super-Mario" and omitted the period after the word "Bros."? Fantastic.
I think his mental image of the One True Brookyln Mario has been forked off of the real deal for so long that they've started to diverge noticably :thinking:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:43 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:57 pm
So he essentially wrote Dick-by-Dick so he could claim he invented a new genre :lol: ?
Did he really though? I mean 'novelised let's play' - that's a fucking strategy guide
In the book he seems to be under the impression that he was doing this bold, brand new thing that would lead to a trend. He did something else similar when he came up with a podcast where him, his brother and his brother's wife riffed old games MST3K style. He insisted that it was a brand new style of talking about games and was completely disimilar to Let's Plays... ignoring that that's how Let's Plays were originally and even then, riffing on old bad games is what Retsupurae used to do.

Basically, because he lives under a rock, he assumes anything he hasn't heard of before has never been tried by anyone else.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:36 pm

The book - probably also the podcast - gives the impression that he's one of those folks who can't talk about anything for long before making it about them. Because if I'm buying a book about SMB3, I want to read about life and times of some fat manchild.
-Yours Truly

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:36 pm
Because if I'm buying a book about SMB3, I want to read about life and times of some fat manchild.
Honestly, the autobiography was the most interesting part of the book. Reading the first half of Brick-by-Brick you think 'Oh my god, why are you telling us this? Get to the Mario'. Then you read the second half and it's like 'Oh my god this is so boring. Get back to talking about your sad little life'

I honestly wish he'd talk about himself more. Brick-by-Brick left a lot of gaps, preventing us from creating a complete, Lecter-esque psychological profile.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.