Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:02 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:45 am
PR is something these companies keep in mind. Bring in the lawyers, and people can spin the narrative that you are being a bully. On the other hand, companies still have a legal obligation to defend their IPs or else they forfeit the right to do so. I'd expect some CoD letters to TFS about blatantly copyrighted T-shirts, but not a lawsuit unless Takahata101 responds to the CoD telling them to suck on his boipussy,
You're probably right. Companies use CoD letters all the time to stop fan games and similar projects, and the only time people got triggered by it was when it happened to that Metroid 2 remake. And even that was a rather small event compared to the endless flamewar against their stance on monetization.

It really all comes down to wether or not the internet is aware that TFS violated the unspoken rule of internet nobodies that is "Don't sell merch with the actual shit you're fair-using on it, nimrod".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 am

What's a CoD letter?

aboveup

Post by aboveup » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:24 am

It's when a twelve year old writes you a letter going OH MY GOOOOOOD because you uploaded a video landing a trickshot on them in Infinite Warfare.

I think he meant Cease and Desist.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:47 am

Fuck me I didn't notice.

Well, someone's ought to punish those cheap aimbot bastards.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 pm

360 noscope and desist letter.

But I agree that these fucks are too small-time to bother with. That's why they deal with shit like automated strikes rather than letters from lawyers. Companies have to defend their IP somehow, otherwise yeah, they will outright lose them. Their logos and characters will be ruled public and they won't be able to do shit about some fuck selling their IP on the streets.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

asdf

Post by asdf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:40 am

It's kind of hard to call them much of a parody any more when they're an abridged series that's releasing grade A filler content packaged as an episode that all builds up to one single joke, instead of quick firing a bunch of esoteric humor, like it should be.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:01 am

I don't watch so I wouldn't know.

But that sounds moronic. Of course an "abridged" series parody should be full of jokes. Every other line (at least) should be a joke. I thought that was the point. At least now I know I can safely avoid DBZ Merchbridged and stick to Buttlord GT.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 pm

It's been somewhat like that for a while now. It was at least excusable, before, because they were doing somewhat larger jokes and still very obviously not taking the whole situation very seriously, but once Kaiser Neko got it in his head that he was a good VA the show took a completely different turn and it's just not nearly as fun(ny) as it was before.

I want to say it was when they did History of Trunks, but that could be confirmation bias since that was the first time I ever really paid attention to Kaiser, himself.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Patreon ruined everything so before trunks, they promised that God awful final fantasy 7 abridged and stopped after like 9 episodes. By the way you only need to watch the first episode to see how bad it is.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 pm
360 noscope and desist letter.

But I agree that these fucks are too small-time to bother with. That's why they deal with shit like automated strikes rather than letters from lawyers. Companies have to defend their IP somehow, otherwise yeah, they will outright lose them. Their logos and characters will be ruled public and they won't be able to do shit about some fuck selling their IP on the streets.
Can companies lose copyright? I know that trademark is a major case of use it or lose it, but I thought it was really hard to lose copyright.