Post by Charlar » Mon May 22, 2017 10:09 pm

wildmage wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 7:29 pm
Charlar wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:44 am
wildmage wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 am
There's a pretty simple explanation:
-Ancap is the independent ending in New Vegas where you don't get the support of all tribes of the Mojave.
-Libertarian is the House ending, with all the tribes behind your back and working on a way to colonize Mars.
What about the rest of the endings? I'm genuinely curious
NCR was supposed to be authoritarian left while Caesar was to be authoritatian right but there were 11th hour changes that decided to make Caesar the defacto bad guys, evul cis stormtroppers that act like a generic evil empire (since we don't get to see the cut kahntent beyond the Colorado river or get the Caesar follower) while the NCR are the kind-of military force that did a bad thing once to some guys that no-one remember but which is staffed by multi-ethnic, multi-gendered patriotic soldiers that are either lawful good or neutral good which will fight for the good of all the people in the Mojave!

As you can see, choosing the cartoony factions made all the games pretty boring, pretty fast.
So what does the independent ending with the tribes behind you represent? Also i wonder if people will make mods to restore the Caesar cut content? Also how likely Bioware was behind the 11th hour change?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Re: Stefan Molyneux is kind of an idiot

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 23, 2017 3:19 am

Wildmage is right. The game pushed way too hard for NCR to be the good guys, and the Legion had no redeeming features at all. The end result was most of the factions were assholes and the NCR were the "best" choice unless you went with House.

I did like that the Brotherhood of Steel were shown to be much bigger jerks in New Vegas compared to Fallout 3. I thought that Fallout 3 had the same problem with the BoS that New Vegas had with NCR.

I like New Vegas a lot, but one of my big problems with the game was that things didn't really respawn. So clearing out large chunks of the map happened pretty early. That first time running through the different areas was great, but then you'd just fast-travel everywhere because all the enemies were gone.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 am

Who the fuck is Stefan Molyneux? Is he Peter Molyneux's lessor known, more racist brother?

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Tue May 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Sadly, there's no way to recover the cut content. It is forever lost and anyone trying to recerate it will end up with fanfiction. It's impossible to get the true vision any more.

And a good, fully supported independent New Vegas pretty much turns the MC into House 2.0. People did not just embrace true freedom because it was the lolbertarian choice but because you were behind the change. All tribes stopped squatting behind your legendary figure and it goes to show that, despite being called independent, you just became the benevolent dictator of the Mojave.

That's why true anarcap is evil MC, independent vegas and no support. Every tribe for themselves, constant warfare and no one is stronger than anyone else. This is what anarcaps propose: just full on retardation. It reminds me of the calendar council from Fallen London.

Anarchists so butt fuck retarded that they want to unleash Chtulhu just to stick it up to "the man" and their "rules of physics"

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm

wildmage wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Anarchists so butt fuck retarded that they want to unleash Chtulhu just to avoid paying taxes
Fixed that for you. Don't let anyone tell you it's for any reason but this.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 23, 2017 5:44 pm

They'll get to avoid paying taxes for maybe a few weeks. Then they have to pay protection money to the local warlord.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Tue May 23, 2017 5:48 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm
wildmage wrote:

Anarchists so butt fuck retarded that they want to unleash Chtulhu just to avoid paying taxes
Trust me, everyone in Fallen London is retarded to the point that your edit would actually improve the game.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue May 23, 2017 7:39 pm

wildmage wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:48 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm
wildmage wrote:

Trust me, everyone in Fallen London is retarded to the point that your edit would actually improve the game.
Never heard of it, any examples of that retardation?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Mysteries for the hell of it like Lost. Endless grinding. Characters whose motivation are "do it all for Love" (it makes sense in context but it's still stupid). People selling their souls knowing that hell is an actual, real place. And mostly because all conspirators try to make a conspiracy for the sake of being in an intrigue movie, no one really has any goals or motivations (except a bishop that tries to make an invasion into hell and a society that tries to restore souls to soulless people).

Other than that, it's a world where no one can permanently die (there are ways but you can get chopped to pieces and wake up a couple of days later in bed), people activelly seeking a name that will kill them, people engaging in the most bizarre rituals out of sheer boredom. But most importantly, none of the characters or enemies have any reason to do...anything, they "kill", steal, flirt and write revolutionary literature...just because. There's hardly an endgame for anyone involved since all stakes have been thrown out of the window. Sometime the Masters of the Bazaar (basically giant aliens that stole london and took it underground) will decide to fuck things up because they are alien fucks, but other than that people act like nps.

If you want me to spoil the whole fucking game. I'll gladly do so but it's pretty much the "Lost" syndrome. Once you say it: it becomes very meh and after 7 years of foreshadowing it fails to deliver.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed May 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Personally, after Donald DRUMPF got elected, I always pick America in Civilization and I make sure I beeline my civics towards Fascism to MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT DONALD DRUMPF'S AMERICA AND-

Oh, wait, Teddy Roosevelt is America's leader in Civ 6? Never mind, I'll make sure I make a mod for that game were America gets DONALD DRUMPF as a leader (represented by an orange, lol take that Drumpf) and can only pick FASCISM as its government!