GodsGift

Re: Stefan Molyneux is kind of an idiot

Post by GodsGift » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:50 pm

I'd be curious to know how it fits into Sunless Sea

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 pm

This sounds like the premise of a terrible magical girl World of Darkness fansplat.

"It's basically Princess Tutu, but instead of Drosselmeyer we have evil space gods who want to find the ultimate IRL love story."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm

GodsGift wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:50 pm
I'd be curious to know how it fits into Sunless Sea
The Sunless sea is where the Bazaar was originally conceived. Just imagine another plane a-la PLanescape and you're fine. The zee, the body of water you sail has all the Lore from Fallen london (since you also can have a ship and explore the islands there). I haven't played it but as far as I know, the main plot consists of a bunch of jagoffs creating a machine that imitates the light of the sun to create law. The problem is that it gained sentience and you're forced to kill it (or whatever).

Other stuff? well, amost of the important locations in SS are in Fallen London:

-The mutton islands: the place that cooks fishmen and has a festival in honour of wells.

-Polythreme: fantasy-Africa, a place of culture and enlightement south of Fallen London where there exists a mountain with the heart of a dimond that creates pure light. This light makes you immortal, hence all polythremeans (niggers) are essentially indestructible. Also, this mountain is almost as old as the Bazaar so it's speculated that the mountain of light is the illegitimate daughter between the Bazaar and the Sun. Also has the Garden of Eden around that mountain.

-The elder continent: Hell. When the second city became FUBAR (the second city was in Egipt, the paraoh's wife traded the city for her husband's life (tuthankahmon) but in the end she killed him and turned him into a monstrosity made of poison that can permakill anyone in the neath), the remnants were taken here. The paharaoh's wife double crossed both the masters and the bazaar so it was taken there out of spite. It is hell, no laws apply there, sometimes air turns into cyanide, sometimes it rains upwards, sometimes the numbers stop working. It's the place where no light can ever reach and no law can ever be made. This is what the Anarchist want for the entire universe. This place is infinite for one reason, it connects all hells from all dimensions and all time periods together. Which is why, in the portraits, demons appear with a fedora despite the game taking place in 1889.

-(some island I forgot the name of but which hosts the 3 priests): basically they were the leaders of the third city and since the masters of the bazaar wanted to erase the shame of the second city, they traded Mr Candles to the priests for the city (it was some mezoamerican precolumbine city, like thenocticlan). The masters stabbed, subdued and marinated (in tears of the Bazaar) one of their own and the priests ate him alive. Then The Masters sunk his remains in a well to erase his essence forever, except now he lives in wells (see the mutton islands entry).

-The remants of the first city: I forgot the name of this shit again but it's essentially an island where everything is sentient: the floors, carpets, candles, wheels, iron, stone. Everything. This is because the heart of the island was the king of the first city, Gilgamesh and he wanted to trade his life for that of his lover, Enkidu. So he literally became the heart of the empire. Golems are also mae here, when the King of a thousand hearts dreams. When he has a nightmare, it's a bad golem.

-Parabola: now we're cooking with gas. This is dreamland, Nirvana. This is where you go when you dream, or when you consume prisoner's honey (which is demonic cum, because demons are actually made of bees). When you go there, your body is somewhere else, this is the place that connects all dreams of ALL dreamers together. And that includes the Stone PIgs (demons older than the stars that live beneath the Neath). People who go there can steal memories, secrets and other metaphisical stuff. It also hosts the finger kings: snakes that can grant wishes and will always find you when you sleep.

-The Pillars: a cross between the pillars of hercules and Iram of the pillars, it's the closest you can get to Parabola without being in Parabola. Mostly the place to get exposition.

and how this connects with Sunless Skies? Well, see the stars connection and the revolutionaries: They want eternal darkness and the stars are disappearing.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 pm
This sounds like the premise of a terrible magical girl World of Darkness fansplat.

"It's basically Princess Tutu, but instead of Drosselmeyer we have evil space gods who want to find the ultimate IRL love story."
It's owod but for hipsters and faggots.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:06 pm

6c98f104c663962304707175fb84cdf4bfd87d842b1d3c0858496e7cb69c2360.jpg
6c98f104c663962304707175fb84cdf4bfd87d842b1d3c0858496e7cb69c2360.jpg (45.84 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:32 pm
Some of them are on welfare and block public authorities, spread racial propaganda and recruit people via brainwashing that Nazi Germany was never defeated or that we live in BRD GmbH.
Not quite. The premise is that the Reich, not the Nazi one but the one before the Weihmaher Republik, was the last legitimate state.
What is true is that we still have a lot of laws from that time, some still in effect some obsolete, and that this current state was founded by the allied forces after the second world war. What is not true is that the BRD is a company or not a sovereign state.
Reichsbürger are just conspiritards, always assuming malice where stupidity suffices as an explanation.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:14 pm

I especially love how they use the weirdest shit to "prove" their world view, from how our constitution isn't called a constitution (which has its roots in the East/West divide during that time) to how our nationality is written on our ID cards.

As far as conspiracy theories goes, it's fucking boring.
wildmage wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm
It's owod but for hipsters and faggots.
Hard to tell whether or not that is an improvement. There where a lot of weirdoes in owod, both as writers and fans.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:14 pm
to how our nationality is written on our ID cards.
We don't. We have Staatsbürgerschaft (citizenship), not Nationalität. I wish we had what the US have where even if you gain citicenship you don't get to change your nationality. That's how it should be. A turkroach doesn't become a German just because he gains citizenship.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm

As long as we're talking about stupid shit, Stef being ancap reminded me of sovereign citizens, and I love them. Those videos are some of the funniest shit on the internet.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 am

Sadly there aren't many good ones. You can binge through them in two nights.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:06 pm
Reichsbürger are just conspiritards, always assuming malice where stupidity suffices as an explanation.

:lol: