pibbs

Truth of the Divine by Best-Selling Hotdog girl

Post by pibbs » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:36 am

Truth of the Divine by Best Selling HotDog Girl. Lindsay Ellis
Chapter 19: Briefs
DHI Book Club Discussion by pibbs
protected by Fair Use, bitch

We are 1/3 of the way done!

Cora returns to the military base, and Kaveh uses my shorthand...
stage one Operation: Probably a Huge
Mistake but Fuck It success! I did not
die and the floor is mostly clean E.
much more coherent, returning in the
morning, hear from &?
[Kaveh] was also a two-time New York Times number-one bestselling author.
Something Lindsay will never be.

12 or so pages to say Cora quits her job as interpreter, because military no wanna human/alien rights shit. Now she's going to the press!

End of chapter.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:09 am

Chapter 20: So Much Talking About Nothing

Cora realizes quitting her job during the greatest economic depression in history may have been dumb.

She stomps off to the cave. Enola, er, I mean Nikola (for fuck's sake) says, “Hello, little cousin.” Which is weird because they're psychically connected butt buddies, right?

Cora reminisces about the “Little Unicorn.”

They discuss alien genders.
...when Cora had come out and asked Ampersand, and got the following answer: “I have a female karyotype .”
Cora was stunned that she’d been calling him— her — the wrong pronoun the entire time they’d known each other...
Sigh.
“ It is a peculiarity of your language that gender is related to pronouns ,” Ampersand responded. “ Not all human languages have gendered pronouns. ”
“Yes, but . . . it’s a respect thing.”
“ Assigning gender to pronouns is just as logical as assigning race or height or any other physical attribute to them, and just as relevant to me. ”
What is it the redditor fags say? Oh yeah. I can't even.

This goes on for pages.
Read some of it if you wantShow
“ How do you define biological sex? Is it rooted in chromosomes, or gametes, or secondary sex characteristics? ”
Cora paused, having never given this any thought. “I guess chromosomes.”
“ What about animals whose secondary sex characteristics do not match their chromosomes? ”
“Is that a thing?”
“ I have no secondary sex characteristics, either by human standards or amygdaline standards. Humans grow breasts, or develop hair at puberty, or grow a certain body type. None of these apply to me. If I am said to have a recognizably human secondary sex characteristic, perhaps it could be larger stature. To amygdalines, that is associated with a female karyotype, in humans, a male karyotype. If we are to associate the secondary sex characteristic seen in humans of larger size, given that I am in a larger body relative to other amygdaline bodies, I am therefore male. If I were able to reproduce sexually, then the gamete cell I would produce would be a female gamete, an egg; therefore, I am female. But amygdaline chromosomes in females are heterogametic, as are human males; therefore, I am male. Do you see how a human framework for gender does not apply to me? ”
“Yes, but, like you said, it’s a quirk of our language. I can’t call you ‘it.’ So should I start calling you ‘she’?”
“ You should call me ‘he.’ In terms of social hierarchy, I more identify with masculinity. Moreover, it is important that I be viewed by others as your superior, and you as my subordinate. Therefore, it is beneficial that I be associated with masculinity and you with femininity. Being associated with maleness associates me both with a cultural default and with power, with trustworthiness. As you explained to me when we first began communicating, femininity is associated more with emotionality, with weakness, and with untrustworthiness. Male pronouns are more appropriate.
What fun in this space raptor invasion story! It goes on and on like this.

Nikola is a chick, apparently. Now they're on again about this dynamic fusion bonding (the psychic butt buddy stuff) AGAIN!
“So if Nikola is bound to Ampersand, and Ampersand is bound to Obelus,” she said, tracing a triangle on the floor, “then Nikola isn’t allowed to bond with Obelus.”
“ N OT THAT HE WOULD HAVE . O BELUS HAS ALWAYS DESPISED ME .”
Got it? Doesn't matter, right? Three pages of this shit again.

Correction, six pages and counting. Unimportant, boring made up shit like this.
Enola spoke. “ L ITTLE COUSIN , I BELIEVE I KNOW WHICH INDIVIDUAL YOU ASSIGNED THE NAME ‘Č EFO .’ Č EFO WAS AN O LIGARCH, DE FACTO LEADER OF THE GROUP YOU CALL ‘ F REMDA.’ ČEFO DIED, SUBJECTIVE, SIXTY-NINE E ARTH DAYS AGO . I KNOW THIS, BECAUSE Č EFO WAS MY SYMPHYLE . A ND HE WAS NOBLE O BELUS’S SYMPHYLE . B UT HE WAS NOT OUR DEAR B ELOVED ’s.”
Seriously, who the FUCK cares?

Then a wonderfully stupid sentence.
The memory sent a peal of nausea through her innards, and something about that sensation, that these were the very same innards that had been skewered by Obelus, made the nausea compound on itself.
She nearly has a panic attack.

Oh, Cora had been approached by The Hot Seat with Satomi Mack (I don't know on MSNBC so might as well be Telemundo for all that I've not watched it) for an interview. Kaveh thinks that's keen.

They discuss Cora's new role as advocate against the Third Option and for full human rights for aliens.

Nikola weeps for Cefo (the critter that died in the book before)
She knelt in front of him. “I have questions, too. About dynamic fusion bonding.”
Those bleary eyes regained their sharp, glowing focus in a flash, as if he spied an opportunity. “ D O YOU WISH TO KNOW THE TRUTH OF THE DIVINE, LITTLE COUSIN ?”
There's our pretentious title.

But before he spills the secrets of the universe, he wants to be freed. Cora nopes that.

Cora rehashes her attack by Obelus.

Kaveh returns to get Cora.

She spared a glance for Enola before she exited. His bright eyes were shining, curious, calculating. Set me free. We are sisters, you and I.
“ B E CAREFUL, LITTLE COUSIN”
End of chapter.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 am

Chapter 21: MAKEOVER!!!

We start with a picture. Of texting. Why? She's typed this shit out before.

Fuck it.

Cora is at Kaveh's house judging his family for the nice things they have for a few pages. Fuck you, Lindsay, you fucking hypocrite.

Then she launches into a short diatribe about subprime loans.
had preferred to invest in real estate rather than the stock market, which had insulated their wealth from the worst of the stock market crash, despite the real estate market being the cause of the stock market crash. “Subprime loans are mainly what caused it— that doesn’t have anything to do with our investments, since none of our properties have mortgages,” he told her, and she nodded like she’d understood a word he said.
Lindsay I hope you choke on your own vomit while sleeping.

Kaveh tries to clean up Cora so she'll be presentable on TV. First thing, washing the blue out of her hair.
MAKEOVER!
“Wow, look at you,” he said in a tone that could either be read as brotherly or . . . not brotherly, and her mouth went dry again. “I’m getting ‘Jennifer Aniston opens up about life, love, and divorce,’ vibes. Chic, professional, yet relatable.”
He coaches her on how not to sound like a dumb ass. Lindsay decides it's time to establish a blossoming romance.
Maybe it would get too hot, and he’d take off his blazer and she’d have to hold it for him, and she’d have to smell the cologne on his blazer. Wouldn’t that be terrible.
Cora was suddenly possessed with a desire for him to laugh heartfelt laughs at things she said, jokes she made, and with jealousy at whoever he’d been talking to.
This surprised Cora. Did he not have a girlfriend? If so, why not? Ignoring the fact that he was so charming and, well, nice, he was rich, and successful, and he was good-looking. Objectively, he was good-looking, she could admit that, in an offbeat quirky way, more a character actor than a leading man.
“I seem to recall you mentioning a girlfriend at some point.”
Said “girlfriend” had up until this point been her only real relationship that had lasted for more than two months, but how to gracefully telegraph that she wasn’t only interested in girls?
Somebody must have told Lindsay that the general reading public prefer their romances straight, not perverted.

Then she describes someone hanging themselves in the most... bizarre way I have ever seen.
His demeanor changed, the jovial veneer thinning. “Right after my brother died.”
“I’m sorry. How did he die?”
“Oh, you know.” His head wobbled back and forth awkwardly. Hem, haw. Hem, haw. “Rope.”
“Rope?” Then it hit her what he meant. “Oh, I’m so sorry.
Lindsay you're a fucking sociopath or something. Good God,

Anyway... fuck hee haw, hee haw... Cora and Kaveh talk about what Cora wants to do with herself. Snore.

She blames her dropping out of college on everything but herself. Muh daddeh issues, break up, etc

This goes on for ages.

Kaveh reveals he knows about the psychic butt buddy thing. She's mortified.

Kaveh put his hand on her shoulder, running the tips of his fingers to the nape of her neck, and smiled that warm honey smile. “We’re on the same team, okay?” he said, giving her neck a tiny squeeze.
You forgot to ask for consent. FBI moves in, and shoots him on the spot. Kidding.

He promises to keep her butt buddy secret.
End of chapter.

To Lindsay and her mob, book discussion is in the NCunt: Black Cocks Only thread, where you may REEEEE without censorship. A freedom of differing opinion that we grant and that you wouldn't.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:16 am

Chapter 22: Interview with a Dumb Bitch

Cora gets her big interview, with a twist.
“As you know, it will be broadcast live, so you’ll get visual cues for when your segment is nearly over. We’re doing a basic point-counterpoint, you with a Third Option proponent.”
“Oh.” Cora had really hoped it would just be her being interviewed, at least this first time. She hadn’t exactly been a member of the debate team in high school.
This makes no sense. The media gets their hands on an alien interpreter, a person with first hand experience with these aliens for the first time... and they set up a debate? That's not how it works dumbass. They would solo interview her and ask all about the aliens. No one would give a shit about alien rights at this point. They want to know what they look like, what they eat, do they have dicks and vaginas, what's their home world like etc etc. Just stupid virtue signaling so Lindsay can parade her so-called high minded concepts, which aren't any of those things as using nonhumans as metaphors for humanity is a tired tired trope. This is high school English creative writing assignment level here.

Oh the person she's debating is Jano Miranda. This is supposed to be a bad thing. HE was mentioned before, I've forgotten who is, and I don't care.
“Today, I am speaking with Jano Miranda, candidate for California’s Forty-Sixth Congressional District and proponent of the Third Option of nonhuman personhood...
Oh. Right. Carry on.

Daddy issues emerge as she's introduced.
“Cora is also the oldest daughter of Nils Ortega—”
God- fucking- damn it. Of course they would say that, it would be suspicious if they didn’t, but she felt kneecapped by it all the same.
Let's take a moment to consider what's going on here. Cora, a first semester college drop out, with no know expertise in anything, except cuddling with space raptors and having psychotic episodes, instead of getting a solo interview like I already said, goes up against a seasoned politician type, who's spearheading a bill on the topic at hand, and who's comfortable in front of a camera. How should this go? A disaster for Cora right? But how does Lindsay write it?
Mr. Miranda, how do you define personhood?”
Miranda chuckled as if they were sharing a joke. “I think the answer to that is obvious. We could get philosophical, but we don’t need to. We can just use common sense. A person is a human.”
“Ms. Sabino?” said Satomi.
This was one she felt ready for, at least. “A person is an individual, but personhood is also a function of being social creatures. So a person is a sentient, autonomous, conscious being capable of language and problem-solving, but a person can only evolve in the context of a species capable of forming societies. All humans are persons, but not all persons are human. The two terms are not interchangeable.”
Uh huh. And between soiling herself and teasing an alien, where'd she learn to talk about this subject like this?
Anyway, the whole debate is this. Boring. Suspension of disbelief over Cora's competence unsuspended.
“Could you describe the personality of any of the ETIs in a way that humans might appreciate?”
What the fuck? That hadn’t been on the roster of preapproved talking points. It had all been broad, conceptual stuff about the nature of what makes a person,
So? BE an adult.

The debate continues. It's exactly like how you think Lindsay would write this. I'm not actually reading it, but skimming, because it is a pretentious bore.

Interview over, Kaveh speaks to Miranda. There's going to be Third Person rally (facepalm) starring Tom Delonge, lead singer of Blink-182.

Sigh.
Kaveh moved his hand to the small of Cora’s back, ushering her toward the exit of the studio, and she melted a little more. He leaned over to her and whispered. “You kicked ass!”
“Really?”
“Yes! Not going to lie, I was about to swallow my tongue when he asked you to describe his personality and you kind of blanked, but then you came back, oh, man. You did way better than I did my first time on TV. This shit is hard!” He stopped to face her. “Do you hug?”
“Yes, I hug.”
He brought it in, and it was already more than a friendly pat-on-the-back hug, it was being held. Three seconds. Four seconds. She took in his smell, and it warmed her, the olfactory equivalent of a sip of hot chocolate.
He pulled away, keeping his hands on her shoulders. “Let’s go get dinner.”
End of chapter.

pibbs

Re: The Space Raptor and Walnut Trilogy by Lindsay "Hotdog" Ellis

Post by pibbs » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:29 am

Chapter 24: Sand... I hate Sand

SO, faggot Kaveh takes Cora to the Cheesecake Factory. Lindsay apparently loves this place as much as her alcohol. She describes it in her “aren't I so clever and whimsical” way.
The two looked up at the blinged-out ancient Egyptian edifice of the Cheesecake Factory at the Spectrum in Irvine, its signage emblazoned with red neon bulbs. A gilded monument to overpriced mediocre food, a confused mess of architecture and interior design that was equal parts sarcophagus and Mordor. A hideous calorieladen monument to man’s hubris.
Could you imagine having to suffer through a conversation with Lindsay? I'd rather take a hammer to my fingers.
Kaveh joked about the turgid aftertaste the food here tended to have...
turgidadjective swollen and distended or congested

Mind explaining what the taste of “swollen or congested” food tastes like, you vapid whore? Idonthtinkthatwordmeanswhatyouthinkitmeans.jpg

(“What are you in the mood for: chocolate freezer burn or lemon raspberry cream freezer burn?”). They went for the mango key lime cheesecake. It tasted like freezer burn.
“I was half joking about the freezer burn,” he said. “I did not expect this to taste more like freezer burn than mango or key lime.”
I'm one page in.

I regret ever doing this review thing.

She compares him to Dr. Malcolm of Jurassic Park. He uses another Lord of the Rings reference.
He smiled, admiring how the soft Eye of Sauron light flattered her hair, her features.
What the fuck does this mean? Cheesecake factory is lit up red?

These two NPCs dance around the whole “will they, won't they thing” in some of the worst romantic writing since Attack of the Clones. See, bitch? Anyone can do references.

But instead of fucking, Cora rehashes the parts Kaveh missed before showing up in the desert. And recounts her attack in the last book. Need to fill out that word count, eh Lindsay?
She placed a hand to her stomach, and her expression curdled like she was going to be sick. “He skewered me, ripped my guts out. No, I’m not exaggerating, that’s what happened. It happened, that happened. But then it looked like— I thought — Obelus’s own subordinates killed him—”
Then lots of boring dialog, about their past traumas and shit. Kaveh whines about his brothers suicide, hee haw, hee haw, rope, neck, dead.

They hold hands. The candle reflecting off her eyes, yadda, yadda, yadda.
He turned her hand to face upward and began drawing light circles on the center of her palm. She drew in a faint little gasp, and not for the first time, he wondered if this was a bad idea, and not just because of their age difference. It was difficult to humor the idea of a relationship with her; they were at such different stages of life, to say nothing of the absolutely bizarre circumstances that had brought them together. But it was hard to think responsibly when she was looking at him as if he were a shiny new car she was dying to take for a ride.
Why so much hand-wringing? They were clearly on the same page, and she was starved for human contact he was more than willing to supply. He wanted to take her home, get her into his bed, smell her and taste her and touch her and fuck her and cover her body with his. He wanted to take care of her. He wanted her to stop being so afraid. He wanted to be the person who made her feel safe.
Lindsay.... just stop.

They kiss.
He smiled widely, resisting a strong urge to swipe this freezer-burned cheesecake off the table and give in to the passion. “God, I just want to take you home with me right now.”
She swallowed so loud it was almost a cartoon gulp. “And do what?”
“Whatever we want.”
“That sounds . . . fun.”
“Bocce ball, Mario Kart , anything.”
“I . . . like things.”
He chuckled, wondering when he started to find “dopey and inarticulate” attractive; the combination of youth, beauty, and befuddlement was working on him.
I'm embarrassed for Lindsay at this point.

Kaveh vows to himself that he won't exploit the situation just to fuck her.

And that's how the chapter ends.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:00 am

Chapter 24: Jacob's Ladder

Get your dicks out!

They are driving home.
She looked down at their entwined hands. He was good at this, and it scared her a little. Before Craig or Joel or Chad, the last time she’d had sex with a man (well, boy), she’d been a senior in high school. She thought of that Cal king bed. She was going to be in that giant bed with this man in a couple of hours, and he was going to be in it with her, inside of her, and the thought made her mouth go dry again.
She assumed he’d be good at it. He certainly carried himself like he thought he was, as if she were a puzzle he was looking forward to cracking, because he had cracked more than a few puzzles in his day.
Aw, yeah....
“— and that’s how I got into the erotic fur-suit convention scene.”
“Huh?”
Dick goes soft.
“Just checking to see if you’re listening.”
Can we get back on track, dammit?
“God, you’re cute,” he said in a low, hungry voice, and her heart did a backflip.
Thank you.

But upon seeing the tree (are they headed for the fucking cave? Lindsay forgot to say) Cora has PTSD panic attack.So, Kaveh teaches her breathing exercises.

The sudden changes of tone in this book, for fuck's sake.

They move close together and embrace as they do the breathing exercises together. He moves his hand down her back
She snaked her arms around his back, felt the warmth under his shirt, leaned her head against his chest, listened to his heartbeat, which was going at half the speed and intensity of hers. He repeated the cycle.
And then he screamed.
& knocks him on his ass because he thinks Cora is being attacked. It becomes a Three's Company episode, but with violence. & relents and moves away. Then very next sentence.
M Y B ELOVED WILL NOT HARM YOU, DEAR CLEVER CREATURE ,” said a different voice in her ear. “ Y OU ARE MINE .”
Kaveh brushed himself off and rose to his feet. “That’s ominous.”
No idea what the fuck is happening here.
”WANT YOU IN HERE, DEAR CLEVER CREATURE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT MY B ELOVED WANTS .”
“Did you hear that?” asked Kaveh.
The go in the cave. They discuss the love triangles in the love triangles that is the psychic butt buddy system. I don't follow it, because I don't care.

“They aren’t here for you. You both told me that. Just let them have what they want. They want Obelus alive. Let them have him.”
Ampersand turned to look at her, his eyes flashing. “ I will not. ”
She blew a long stream of air out of her nostrils.
They argue. & then makes the mistake most men make when dealing with women, he tells her to calm the fuck down.
Calm yourself. ”
“You don’t care. You do not fucking care!” Now she was shouting. “He fucking ripped me in half, and you do not fucking care !”
“Cora.” Kaveh’s voice. She looked over and realized what he already knew. She was spiraling, and fast.
“Oh, God. Oh, God, no . . .”
Then the bitch goes absolutely fucking insane.

”Stop this. Calm yourself.”
“I can’t help it!” Kaveh moved toward her. “Stay back!” she yelled. She backed away from him, back against the wall. The figure in front of her morphed, grew several feet in height, bulged out on its sides. Oh, God!
Not Obelus. Obelus is dead.
Obelus is not dead!
He isn’t in that body anymore.
He could be! He could be anywhere, anything.
Where is the body? The government took the body! Obelus’s old body still exists, he could be in it, he could be in it right now!
Her mind was scrambled, screaming electric nonsense, as though her brain were trying to escape from her skull. Her vision blurred, and she shrieked with each gasp of air she pulled in. She clapped one hand to her chest, holding up the other one in a futile attempt to keep the monster away.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Its other hand went for her throat, and she screamed, cried, begged, unable to get anything out between her rapid breaths besides No, no, no! It drilled into her throat, went straight to the bone, and doused the fire flowing through her veins.
& has to inject her with calm the fuck down medicine. Before she passes out she begs him to leave Kaveh alone. & transports the hell out of there.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Kaveh scoops her up and gets her out of there.

End of chapter.

Bravo! *clapping Bravo, Lindsay! This is the funniest shit I've read so far.

Oh, it's supposed to be serious and dramatic? Whatever. *claps anyway.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Chapter 25: Lindsay's Sex Chapter?

OK, I think they fuck in this chapter, so dicks out again and be ready!

He led her into the bigger of the two guest rooms and gave her the largest T-shirt he had. “Is this okay?” he asked.
Good start, good start! Love a chick in panties and in one of my shirts.
She wasn’t wearing any bottoms, and the T-shirt didn’t cover much. Most of her height was in her legs, which were long and slender and even in this position begging to be touched.
Don't know when she became slender, but never the mind, continue....
There she lay on her side, hugging her pillow, looking up at him, all but pleading, I just need a big, strong man — well— I just need a medium-size, out-of-shape man to hold me and touch me and tell me it will be okay.
All the feminist posturing is kicked to the curb, good, good!

She doesn't want to be left alone, but Kevah wants to shower first. Ooh, does Cora join him?
Kaveh was generally a morning-shower kind of guy, but if he was going to share a bed with a woozy, half-conscious college dropout, he needed some time to himself to rub one off so he wouldn’t be tempted to take advantage of someone still high on . . . whatever that was.
Way to ruin it, Lindsay. You gave me false hope you'd dropped that feminist manifesto bullshit.
He closed the curtains so the room was nearly pitch black. Then he lifted the covers and crawled into bed, scooting toward the middle. Cora stayed perched like the Rock of Gibraltar on the other side.
“C’mere,” he whispered.
Ok, maybe we can get this back on track.
She turned over and hesitantly moved her body next to his. He kissed her on the forehead, then on the cheek. Okay, that was a bit much for someone you intended not to fuck, he knew that, but she took the obvious message that he was making overtures. Of course he was, wasn’t that the original plan? Come back to Kaveh’s place and, I dunno, see what happened? She put her hand on his chest, then began running it down his rib cage, then toward his hips. He took her by the wrist before she could go any farther.
“Not now, honey,” he said.
“Not when controlled substances are involved.”
Oh, fuck me!
“It’s okay,” he said in the gentlest, most reassuring whisper of which he was capable. “You’re safe with me. It’s okay,” he said over and over until they both fell asleep.
I can't fap to this!

But what's this?
At some point she became aware that he was on top of her. She didn’t remember him taking off her underwear; he didn’t bother taking off her shirt. He started fucking her, soundlessly...
*furiously fapping
She wanted to beg, Stop, please stop, please stop , but her voice was gone, her jaw frozen in place, lips and tongue shriveled into paper, unable to produce sound. Stop, stop, stop , she pleaded in her mind.
OH! OH! OIH! *pants and beathes hard.
At long last, she gasped herself awake. It wasn’t loud enough to wake Kaveh, who seemed like a particularly sound sleeper.
Too late, Lindsay. I got what I needed. But fuck you for the obvious troll.

Then there's several pages of Cora wondering if she even deserves such a great dude and shit like that.
She wandered into the kitchen, and the revulsion circled back to desire. She could crawl back into bed with him, he’d put his arms around her on instinct. Hell, he might even fuck her now that the benzos had worn off. Wouldn’t that be nice? The least she could do is get his dick wet.
Vulgar. Low class, Lindsay.
And in that moment, she calmly, definitively decided that this was the last straw. Ampersand did not respect her autonomy, respect anyone’s autonomy; she was not beholden to respect his bullshit.
So, fuck those aliens now, because he hurt your fee fees? Fuck women in any kind of position of power. She drives out to the cave and demands Nikola tell her what & has been lying to her about.

But he wants to be free first. So, she frees him.
Then her flashlight went out. The air pressure was building around him like a tornado, seeming to add to the darkness that surrounded him, a black hole that nothing could escape, not even light. She might as well have been a corpse for how rigid she was. Black widow digits wrapped around her as the creature pulled her toward its body, and swirling wisps of darkness surrounded them until it enveloped them both.
End of chapter.

End of Part 2

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:19 pm

PART 3: A Crowd of People Stood and Stared (the actual title of this part, not like my sarcastic chapter titles)

February 9, 2008
A RTICLE 20.1 Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
Mmmk. Just that then the next chapter.

Chapter 26: What Dreams May Come

EDIT: What follows is the dumbest scifi I have ever read. You know, besides the other chapters in this book.

So Cora opens her eyes (most overused cliché ever) to see an early morning sky. She's on a vast area rimmed with mountains...
but the ground was not flat, rather, it was almost honeycombed, an endless desert of lattice. Each comb was about the size of a tire, rimmed by crystals a few inches tall that looked like tiny ocean waves that crested and then froze. She put a finger to her tongue, confirming that she was standing on a salt flat.
Couldn't just say, “Cora was standing on a great salt flat?” There's still another whole page of description just to say, she was standing on a great salt flat surrounded by mountains, and it was a little cold.

BTW Enola is there. Not the renamed Nikola, but Enola. THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BOTHER TO RENAME HIM LINDSAY??!!
“Why did you bring me here?”
“ W E ARE INSIDE A METAPHOR .”
Um... WHAT?!

That's not a metaphor, YOU STUPID BITCH! It's actually happening!!!
A metaphor is a figure of speech containing an implied comparison. With metaphors, words or phrases that are ordinarily applied to one type of item or concept are applied to something that is not ordinarily associated with that terminology.
Maybe, MAYBE, one can argue that metaphors can be made on a holdeck and such, but the thing itself ISN'T a metaphor! It's a hologram using visual representations with symbols as metaphors. Anyway, I have no faith that Lindsay has the cleverness or thoughtfulness to pull this one off. Get your hazmat suits on, gentlemen, as I suspect we are about to go very far up Lindsay's own ass.
T HE METAPHOR IS THE UNIVERSE .”
*groans out loud
He bent down to her eye level and summoned a small clump of salt about the size of a marble from the ground, spinning it between them like a tiny moon. “ A ND THIS REPRESENTS THE SUM TOTAL OF ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE .”
I can see why we need metaphors to illustrate such complex ideas. Fuck off, Lindsay. Then he makes a salt ball the size of a fist that represents the SUPER-ORGANISM'S knowledge. Then he makes gestures to the vast salt flat that represents all knowledge.

*groans again

I'm just going to copy paste the rest of this shit.
I'm just going to copy paste the rest of this shit.Show
COSMOLOGICALLY, OUR TWO SPECIES ARE VIRTUALLY TWINS . I F WE WERE TO CONDENSE THE SCALE OF THE AGE OF THE UNIVERSE TO ONE E ARTH YEAR, THE AMYGDALINE TWIN WOULD BE 148 SECONDS OLDER THAN THE HUMAN TWIN, BOTH STILL IN EARLIEST INFANCY .
“ A ND THIS METAPHOR REPRESENTS ONLY THE KNOWN UNIVERSE . L ET US SAY THAT THE UNKNOWN UNIVERSE BEGINS BEYOND THOSE MOUNTAINS.” He gestured to the horizon. “ W E CANNOT KNOW HOW FAR THE UNKNOWN UNIVERSE GOES . F OR YOU SEE, LITTLE COUSIN, WE EXIST ONLY IN A POCKET OF THIS UNIVERSE, AND BOTH OF US, HUMAN AND AMYGDALINE, FACE THE SAME LIMITATIONS . T HIS IS THE FIRST THING I NEED FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND . I N THIS METAPHOR, ONLY THIS FLAT IS KNOWABLE . A NYTHING BEYOND IT IS NOT KNOWABLE, BECAUSE WE ARE CONFINED TO THIS DIMENSION OF SPACE-TIME AND CANNOT BREAK FREE OF IT . B UT THERE ARE SOME CONSTANTS TO THIS UNIVERSE, SOME LAWS THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED . B UT BEFORE I CAN EXPLAIN IT , I MUST FIRST GAUGE WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW . W HAT DO YOU KNOW OF SPACE-TIME, LITTLE COUSIN ?”
The very next line.
“A little bit,” she said. “It’s explained here by Einstein’s theory of relativity.”
HAHAHAHAHAHA! She understands Einstein but needs a Sesame Street dream cartoon to explain the size difference of the knowledge of the two species? Just, stop it, Lindsay. This bitch just can't be this intelligent. No where in your books have you established this. You can't just pull this out of your ass and expect it to be believable.

Then he explains with the salt how there are 10 dimensions. We can only sense 3 and time. Seems Lindsay has been watching Bill Nye the Science Guy.
T IS A PART OF THE ANSWER TO THE RIDDLE OF HOW CONSCIOUSNESS DEVELOPED. I NDEED, FOR ALL OUR HISTORY, WE ONLY HAD ONE SAMPLE OF A NATURALLY EVOLVED SPECIES THAT DEVELOPED CONSCIOUSNESS—OUR ANCESTORS. B UT NOW, LITTLE COUSIN, WE HAVE DISCOVERED ANOTHER—YOU .”
We're special.
“What isn’t he telling me? Why are we able to sense each other’s emotions like this?”
“ I DO NOT KNOW .”
She pulled away from him, and his hand curled back under him in his neutral stance. “You said you’d tell me the truth.”
“ I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU WHAT TRUTH I HAVE. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOUR BOND IS UNIQUE. I T IS POSSIBLE THAT WE MAY NEVER KNOW THE FULL NATURE OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CONSCIOUS AND THE SUBCONSCIOUS, WHERE FUSION BONDS ARE ROOTED, AND WHERE WE ARE BEST ABLE TO SENSE THE D IVINE. Y OU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT, BECAUSE YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND IT .”
So, the big secret is that they don;t know why they are butt buddy bonded? WE ALREADY KNEW THIS!!! This book is a colossal waste of time.

He makes another demonstration out of salt explaining:
THIS STRING REPRESENTS A DIMENSION OUTSIDE OF OUR SPACE-TIME . O NLY THIS STRING IS NOUMENAL, AND AS IT EXISTS OUTSIDE OF SPACE, IT EXISTS IN ALL SPACES . A SINGLE POINT IN EXISTENCE THAT CONNECTS ALL POINTS.” T HE FLATTENED SALT FOLDED IN HALF LIKE A PIECE OF PAPER, AND THE BLACK GASEOUS ARCH CONTRACTED UNTIL THE SLAB MET WHERE THE TWO ENDS OF THE ARCH HAD TOUCHED IT . “ B Y EXPLOITING THE OMNIPRESENT NATURE OF THIS DIMENSION, WE CAN CONNECT TWO POINTS IN THREE-DIMENSIONAL SPACE AND RIP THEM OPEN, BECAUSE THROUGH THIS DIMENSION, THEY ARE ALWAYS CONNECTED. T HERE IS A NATURAL PRECEDENT FOR THIS, ONE BASED IN THE CONSCIOUS MINDS OF INTELLIGENT BEINGS .”
“Fusion bonding,” she said.
OK, finally, Lindsay let's us in on the big secret. The Big Lie & has been hiding. Here it is:
“And that’s what you meant when you said he lied about why he decided to bind himself to me,” she said, trying to push away that fear that wasn’t hers. “Dynamic fusion bonding isn’t a homing beacon. He couldn’t use it to sense proximity.”
“ C ORRECT .”
*blink blink

AND?

What the fuck does this matter?
“Then why did he do it?”
“ I DO NOT KNOW . I SIMPLY KNOW THAT IF HE TOLD YOU THAT THE ABILITY TO SENSE PROXIMITY WAS HIS RATIONALE FOR MAKING THE DECISION TO BIND HIMSELF TO YOU, HE SPOKE MISTRUTH .”
Does anyone care? Am I missing something? WHY ARE WE WASTING TIME ON THIS STUPID SHIT?!!

Seriously, someone tell me if I'm missing the big deal here.
“ T HERE IS A PART OF THE BRAIN THAT LIVES AND VIBRATES OUTSIDE THE KNOWN UNIVERSE, A PART TIED IN WITH WHAT YOU MIGHT CALL A SUBCONSCIOUS, WHERE THE BRAIN GREETS BUT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE UNKNOWN . T HEREFORE, THE BRAIN CREATES FORMS IT UNDERSTANDS FOR THIS UNKNOWN—THIS IS THE D IVINE . T HIS IS WHERE RELIGION COMES FROM, BOTH FOR OUR ANCESTORS AND FOR YOU . I T IS THE BRAIN GIVING A FORM TO THAT WHICH IT KNOWS TO BE TRUE BUT CANNOT COMPREHEND . S OMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENS WITH YOUR BOND TO OUR DEAR B ELOVED .” He looked toward the mountains in the distance. “ Y OUR BRAIN IS TRYING TO GIVE FORM TO THE SUBCONSCIOUS INPUT IT IS RECEIVING .”
“Why wouldn’t Ampersand want me to know that?”
“ F ROM WHAT YOU KNOW OF OUR DEAR B ELOVED, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE MORE TERRIFYING TO HIM THAN AN OUTSIDE FORCE THAT HE CANNOT CONTROL PERIODICALLY INVADING HIS UNCONSCIOUS MIND ?”
I need to do laundry today. I'm debating whether to go to the grocery store. I have just enough to get through the day, but am I going to be too tired tomorrow?
She stilled, a sense of dread rising. She recalled that first night he’d implanted those “monitors” in her, that his primary objective was to stop that side effect altogether.
Also, my dog's ear is bothering her. I'm monitoring it, but I may have to take her to the vet.
“ I T IS PROBABLE THAT HE WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN OR CONTROL THIS BOND BETWEEN YOU, BUT HERE YOU ARE, THROUGH NO INTENT OF YOUR OWN, ABLE TO ENTER HIS MIND AND AFFECT HIS THOUGHTS AND EMOTIONS IN A WAY THAT NEITHER OF YOU CAN CONTROL .”
This was a thought she’d toyed with many times and always dismissed as absurd. That if she invaded his mind one time too many, he might be forced to take desperate measures. “Is there anything I can do to stop invading his mind?”
I was wondering now that Spoony is back with Miles if in the ner future if Miles will costar in another review video. You know, start the ball rolling so-to-speak. I know Miles is a bit of soyboy but his stability may actually help Spoony recover from the woke damage from April.
T HIS IS THE LIMITATION THAT WE SHARE . A S BEINGS OF FOUR DIMENSIONS, WE CAN ONLY ADVANCE SO FAR . W E CAN NEVER EXPAND CONSCIOUSNESS AS WE UNDERSTAND IT PAST FOUR DIMENSIONS . T HE NOUMENAL DIMENSIONS CANNOT BE ACCESSED OR CONTROLLED, BUT THAT OF COURSE HAS NOT STOPPED OUR DEAR B ELOVED FROM TRYING .”
Oh... fuck, right. This “story.” Cora hears a sonic boom. Enola explains it's one of them arriving via “semiautonomous plating” like when he arrived. You know, inside this metaphor. Then Cora swiftly changes the subject to & killing humans way back when the aliens abducted and experimented on them. The switch from a sonic boom to &-Hitler is so fucking abrupt it gives me whiplash.

So what made & kill the hoomans?
Enola’s eyes brightened, now luminous from the light of the sun that was about to peek over the top of the mountains, and he leaned down until his eyes were level with hers. He ran the edge of a shiny black digit over her cheek, so softly it could have been mistaken for a feather, and said, “ I DID”
*cue dramatic soap opera music.

End of chapter.

To Lindsay and her mob, book discussion is in the NCunt: Black Cocks Only thread, where you may REEEEE without censorship. A freedom of differing opinion that we grant and that you wouldn't.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:53 am

Chapter 27: Where the Fuck are We?

Uh... trying to remember what's going on. Didn't we end in Enola's “metaphor?” Just checked, yes. Yes, we did.

& is standing beside her. We're still in the “metaphor.” He's standing there like a stone, communicating with Enola through their network language.

First paragraph and I'm already bored. & wants Cora back. Blah blah blah. Uh, they have a standoff of sorts. & says Enola wants them all to die. & stumbles, Enola tries to reassure him he's not going to harm Cora. Yawn.

Now, someone explain to me, this:
Ampersand’s swaying became almost violent
Violent swaying. Not shaking, like a seizure, swaying. Side to side. Ever see that? If you have, I'd like to see a video of it, because a violent side to side motion, I believe, would make a mother fucker fall over rather quickly, especially if they were weakened.
He would almost regain his footing one second and lose it the next, and he would have fallen to the ground if she hadn’t used all her strength to keep him upright.
I'm not looking it up, but Lindsay described this fucker weighing more than a fucking gorilla. Doubt Cora could do this.

He finally collapses and seizes. Cora doesn' know what to do.
O UR B ELOVED HAS BEEN CARELESS .”
“What do you mean?”
“ H IS TRANSPORT CREATED A DISTURBANCE IN THE ATMOSPHERE, ONE THAT WAS EASILY OBSERVED BY THOSE WHO KNEW WHAT TO LOOK FOR . H E WAS FOLLOWED .”
“Followed?” she breathed. She didn’t get a chance to ask, Followed by who? before she saw who.
Obelus’s Similars, all three of them, stood not thirty feet away, their iridescent, silvery skin practically glowing in the light of the sun that had just cracked the horizon. One of them stood in front of the other two like a formation of geese, cold blue eyes glinting in the sunlight.
I don't understand how the hell this is happening. We're supposed to be in Enola's metaphor” right? I thought this to be like a virtual reality type thing. How are people able to beam in? What the fuck is this place? It makes no logical sense! If this is an actual place, HOW THE HELL CAN IT BE AN UNENDING SALT FLAT ENCIRCLED BY MOUNTAINS, LINDSAY, YOU VAPID WHORE!?

Suddenly, Lindsay saw one of her post it notes and remembered she had renamed this bastard. Instead of going back and fixing her mistake, she cleverly gets Cora to correct it.
“En—N-Nikola!” she whispered, giving up on trying to shake Ampersand back to coherence, keeping her arms protectively wrapped around his neck.
“ D O NOT BE FRIGHTENED, LITTLE COUSIN . T HEY WILL NOT HARM YOU . I WILL NOT ALLOW IT .”
As the simlars circle them, & goes into Windows “safe mode.”

Let's just hurry this shit up, mmk? As Cora clutches &, Enola puts up a force field and let's off an explosion like a nuclear bomb. Very anime-ish. The ground is cratered all around them, except where they stand. The 3 similars get up stunned ( get up stunned from what Lindsay described as a nuke like bomb. Stupid.) then disappear.
Enola retracted his hands back into that calm, neutral position and turned to examine her. She was still holding Ampersand tightly, powerlessly, Mother Mary performing her alien pietà.
*groans

Pondering Enola's power, (again, is this real, or virtual?) Cora thinks:
I’ve freed the harpy , she thought. And she’s going to kill us all.
These fucking metaphors.

Enola beams them to Kaveh's house.
End of chapter.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:40 am

Yeah, I'm still doing this shit. Fuck you. Muh autism.

Chapter 28: Invasion of an Actual Damn Plot

It's been so long, and also my brain isn't making room to remember this shit, that I don't remember where we left off. Not sure it matters.

Cora, Nikola, and & materialize in Kaveh's living room. Kaveh is not too pleased.
Nikola was, by every meaningful human metric, terrifying to be in the same room with. Throw some tentacles on him somewhere and anyone would collapse into Lovecraftian madness.
Fuck you , Lindsay, as if you've ever read anything by that flagrant racist.
Kaveh loads Nikola into a car and drives away because & will shit himself into a coma/seizure again if he sees him.
Also Lindsay writes Nikola very weirdly,
“ W HERE WILL YOU TAKE ME, DEAR CLEVER CREATURE ?”
Kaveh drives to a national forest, falls asleep, wakes up to find Nikky gone. Not to worry, its just city gazing from a hill.

Then Lindsay confirms what we've been saying.
it was hard not to see this being as an intelligent giant velociraptor,
They look at the LA skyline,
Then... amazingly enough, a very small bit of interesting scifi.
Nikki points ou how terrified & must have been when he saw LA. Because last reports from the last landing on this very hill, many many years ago, there were only a few hundred humans. The similars or whoever were flabergasted at how quickly hoomans advanced.

This is an interesting idea but I've seen it before. Harry Turtledove wrote “In the Balance” where aliens invade at the time of WWII but they had intel that was centuries old, from the times of knights in shining armor, and weren't prepared for the explosion of technological advances of the humans in a short time. Their own species and taken thousands of years to do what the hoomans did in a century during the industrial revolution.
Anyway, back to this shit. Wonder if Lindsay stole the idea.
W HAT COULD HAVE CAUSED SUCH A POPULATION EXPLOSION? H OW DID YOUR TECHNOLOGY ADVANCE SO QUICKLY? I T IS SO UNLIKE OUR OWN ANCESTORS’ ADVANCEMENT,
Bitch has got jokes.
I ADMIT, IT IS FRIGHTENING. Y OU ARE FRIGHTENING .”
Kaveh snorted. “Well, you have a point. We are the species that produced Bill Maher.”
*picardfacepalm.jpg

The point is that they fear that hoomans could advance so quickly they could overpower the superorganism. And the superorganism might wipe out the Earth to prevent that.

OH SHIT! After a book and a half, did Lindsay finally stumble into a plot? Where was this back in Act II of the first book?

Nikola turned to face him and bent over so that his big, bright eyes loomed just above Kaveh’s. He placed both of his hands above Kaveh’s head, drawing the pointed digits down around his temple, behind his ears, to the nape of his neck. “ Y OU MAY BE THE MOST PRECIOUS THING I HAVE EVER BEHELD .”
Uh...

That took a turn I wasn't prepared to go to.

Just kidding. As if Lindsay would do the gay/space raptor thing.
“ B UT YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE CONTACT WITH THE S UPERORGANISM ,” said Nikola, removing his fingers, taking a step back and standing up to his full height. “ I CANNOT WATCH YOU DIE. I REFUSE”
Where's Cora and &? I honestly believe, while writing her magnus opus feminism of virtue signaling, Lindsay stumbled upon a better story with this reporter and the threat of human extinction, that she wrote herself into a damn corner with the min boring and lame main story.

Anyway, Nikky notices something in downtown LA and wants to be taken there immediately. Kaveh thinks that's a bad idea. Nikki don't give a shit, turns invisible and fucks off.

End of chapter.