Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Spoony... nothing else to say really

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:52 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:49 pm
I found him a psychopathic moron who thought he was so much smarter and better than "regular people" while saying dumb shit all the time. I never thought he would be such a pathetic wimp though lol but it was always clear he was a rotten person.
Now isn't this ironic...

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:52 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
I found him a psychopathic moron who thought he was so much smarter and better than "regular people" while saying dumb shit all the time. I never thought he would be such a pathetic wimp though lol but it was always clear he was a rotten person.
Now isn't this ironic...

// Before incoming spergefit, relax you weirdo, it's a joke.
Ah the autist doesnt know the meaning of irony how ironic XD
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Vaporwear wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:25 am
Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm
Does anybody still enjoy early Spoony? I despise the lazy fucker so much that I just can't bring myself to watch anything he's touched.
I have no problem re-watching his vids from time to time, what, you think I'm going to let that failure get under my skin? No, he's not worth the effort, I'm not going to get butthurt over a loser. Yeah the AV quality of his early stuff is lacking, but that was also when he was at his funniest and wittiest. The charisma he once possessed really shined through at that point, and judging from those vids alone you'd think he was a (mostly) well-adjusted nerdy fun guy who was self-aware enough to not take his videos too seriously and was willing to take the occasional pot-shot at himself.

His FF8 and FF10 reviews, the FMV game reviews, X-Files, The Thing, and the Phantasmagoria and Ripper Let's Plays are the best of his early work, most of which came out between 2008 to 2011. After that his stuff ranges from ok to middling, with significant and noticeable gaps in video creation. The last good proper game review was Minority Report, back in 2013, and before that there was his Ultima Retrospective, which was great up until the last one, where his emo-ness shined through. A portend of things to come.

I see some dipshit's whining about his early Let's Plays being scripting, and it's like, so? It's funnier that way, I don't fucking care if it's scripted, I'm not here for some retarded pure LP experience or some shit, if he needs a script to be funny, then he should write a script. That he doesn't bother to do that now is a major reason his current Let's Plays suck so bad.

Anyway, it's interesting going through some of his old stuff, cause you can definitely feel the change as the years rolled on, where he's clearly more cynical and obsessed with his own mental state. For instance, compare his FF8 or FF10 reviews to his FF13 vids. He's clearly having fun with the older ones, but with FF13 he's fucking miserable the whole way through, he's just forcing himself through it because money and because he was known as a Final Fantasy guy back then. Or compare his 2010 SWAT 4 play through with the SWAT 4 follow-up video he released in 2013, where he barely talks at all. And then there's the Ultima 9 review or some of the VCR boardgame reviews, where he's spends so much time dealing with how emotionally fucked up he is or some dumb shit.

It also makes it clear to me that there's no actual inflection point, he's always been a lazy, thin-skinned irritating asshole that wouldn't mind scamming people, it's just that he was better at hiding it when he first started. People seem to forget that Spoony always had an inconsistent, shitty schedule that would land him into trouble with his fans, and this was before the whole Scarlet thing or the Patreon scam. Every negative trait that Spoony possesses now was always there, simmering underneath the veneer of what seemed to be a pretty OK guy, it just took a few years for those aspects to bubble up onto the surface for everyone to see.
Here's the thing;

1) His ego with being named "Funniest Person to Followr" in that Mashable nonsense and just from his own natural shittyness takes me completely out of it.

2)Noah is not the funny one here. He pointed out silly things that already existed in the media he was looking at. He didn't add or create anything new or even objectively funny that wasn't already unintentionally in the piece of media. Like every Nobody.

3) (pertaining to second bold point in your post) If you knew all of this, why on earth ever support this crap? All it's done is make him worse and that would make you part of the problem. Granted not Cuckson or Emir levels of enabling, but in there regardless.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Granted, it can be more difficult when someone like Spooner has made many videos with him looking in the camera at you, and your little reptile brain can convince you that somehow, he's speaking directly to you, that you are two little butt buddies or something. In that case, I still have a remedy for you. Get a better idol.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:40 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:50 pm
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
I won't stop liking someone's work just because a person I have no affiliation with has done something terrible, or I think they are piece of shit. In fact, you would have to be pretty autistic to project your existence through that work to reach out to that person (in your mind) that you would feel like you are somehow connected and justify to yourself that you feel dirty for even looking at anything that person has done.

So you can listen to R Kelly's music without thinking about kids getting pissed on and women getting abused? Must be handy to have no heart... Kind funny to see you call anyone an autist when you check all the boxes.
It depends on the quality of their work, and how shitty they really are. Mozart was a scat fetishist; Lewis Carroll was infatuated with a 12 years old girl; but people still listen to Don Giovanni or read Alice in Wonderland .

casual pleb

Post by casual pleb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 am
casual pleb wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 pm
Haven't actually tried it since his fall from grace. I guess I'd feel pretty dirty watching his old stuff. It'd be like watching one of your former favorite movies after the lead actor turned out to be a serial killer or something.
Never understood reasoning like this. I personally don't care what kind of a person an actor is, when I watch movies, or what kind of a man/woman the writer is, when reading a book. I couldn't care less, they're just doing their job, who gives a fuck, if they chain women in their basement on their spare time, just because you like something the guy made, doesn't mean you would want to be friends with him or support any of his actions or moral choices in real life.
You are, quite literally, dictionary-definition autistic.
Care to elaborate?

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:51 pm

casual pleb wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:12 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 am
casual pleb wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 am

Never understood reasoning like this. I personally don't care what kind of a person an actor is, when I watch movies, or what kind of a man/woman the writer is, when reading a book. I couldn't care less, they're just doing their job, who gives a fuck, if they chain women in their basement on their spare time, just because you like something the guy made, doesn't mean you would want to be friends with him or support any of his actions or moral choices in real life.
You are, quite literally, dictionary-definition autistic.
Care to elaborate?
What we're getting at is that supporting someone's work when they turn around and do horrible shit is akin to enabling their terrible behavior.

In the case of Spooner for example, he went full shitlord and it drove people away. It's that kind of thing. The only people still "following" him are spergs on DHI, kiwifags maybe, and autists on Plebbit.

His defenders are all crazy tranny weirdos
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:58 pm

Either tranny weirdos or crazy foreigners, sorta life how the hoff was popular in Europe but no one liked him in burgerland.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

casual pleb

Post by casual pleb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:24 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:51 pm
What we're getting at is that supporting someone's work when they turn around and do horrible shit is akin to enabling their terrible behavior.

In the case of Spooner for example, he went full shitlord and it drove people away. It's that kind of thing. The only people still "following" him are spergs on DHI, kiwifags maybe, and autists on Plebbit.

His defenders are all crazy tranny weirdos
Well, there's a difference between liking something someone made and going out and supporting or defending the actual person behind it, I never donated to Spoony and never will and I think that he should either quit the internet, or hero himself, doesn't change the fact, that I enjoyed his old videos and while I haven't watched any of his stuff for years now, doesn't mean I can't turn on some of his old videos and find enjoyment from watching them, it is called immersion - when you watch a movie you often don't think of people on the screen as actors, you mostly care about the actual characters of the story.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:26 pm

I don't think CIA Nigger is talking about the same thing as guestfag, that was just trolling, or nonsensical use of words that ASS likes to do as well, in a way of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Either way, you never want a guest to elaborate about anything. That's like asking a proud kiwi-sperge (a lot of them apparently are proud of their shitty place, redditeur is an exception) to talk about why is it great to have aspergers. You just don't want to hear that.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.