Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Spoony... nothing else to say really

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm
Does anybody still enjoy early Spoony? I despise the lazy fucker so much that I just can't bring myself to watch anything he's touched.
I don't but its not because I now hate spoony. The novelty of what he does has just worn off.
Same. It's just not interesting to me these days. There are new kids doing his gimmick way better than he could ever hope, and that's IF I even cared to watch that style of video in current meme year.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Who is actually *good* at being an angry internet media reviewer at the current time?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 am

AVGN(from time to time)
Phelous(if you like his style, since he's never changed it)

The rest either suck or have abandoned the angry gimmick.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 am

Does Johntron count as angry reviewing?

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:51 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 am
Does Johntron count as angry reviewing?
JonTron just does whatever. He likes his props and sets and just being a sperg.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

casual pleb

Post by casual pleb » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 pm
Guest wrote:
Does anybody still enjoy early Spoony? I despise the lazy fucker so much that I just can't bring myself to watch anything he's touched.
Haven't actually tried it since his fall from grace. I guess I'd feel pretty dirty watching his old stuff. It'd be like watching one of your former favorite movies after the lead actor turned out to be a serial killer or something.
Never understood reasoning like this. I personally don't care what kind of a person an actor is, when I watch movies, or what kind of a man/woman the writer is, when reading a book. I couldn't care less, they're just doing their job, who gives a fuck, if they chain women in their basement on their spare time, just because you like something the guy made, doesn't mean you would want to be friends with him or support any of his actions or moral choices in real life.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm
Who is actually *good* at being an angry internet media reviewer at the current time?
AVGN is still ok, but only when he isn't really doing the angry schtick and he's just explaining some obscure game/peripheral and making observations about it. So I guess that doesn't count really.

I guess Mr Plinkett counts as an angry reviewer of sorts so I guess RLM. Only a tiny fraction of their output is even Mr Plinkett though.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 am

casual pleb wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Guest wrote:
Haven't actually tried it since his fall from grace. I guess I'd feel pretty dirty watching his old stuff. It'd be like watching one of your former favorite movies after the lead actor turned out to be a serial killer or something.
Never understood reasoning like this. I personally don't care what kind of a person an actor is, when I watch movies, or what kind of a man/woman the writer is, when reading a book. I couldn't care less, they're just doing their job, who gives a fuck, if they chain women in their basement on their spare time, just because you like something the guy made, doesn't mean you would want to be friends with him or support any of his actions or moral choices in real life.
You are, quite literally, dictionary-definition autistic.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:56 am

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 pm
His Thing review is still entertaining to me. Maybe it's nostalgia though. That was the first thing of his I saw. It felt more genuine than the other angry reviewer schtick of the time.

I showed it to my friend at school, turns out he'd heard of it. His words were something to the effect of "the guy who runs that site is a right cunt". 10 plus years later, that's pretty funny to me.
The Thing Review is a masterpiece of angry reviewing and probably the most comfy review there is. I've watched that video close to 100 times in my lifetime and nothing else I've seen approaches it's sincerity. It was so genuine in it's execution and the construction is just right, and his writing and voice acting is in his prime, I don't think it's possible for Spoony or indeed anyone else to ever surpass that review. It's just too pure.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:36 am

casual pleb wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Guest wrote:
It matter when it leaks into their works
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes