Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Cuckara

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Cuckara » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm
"New one bettah because muh strong female protagonist" ?
Doge pushes that shit hard in his Spider-Man video. The funny thing is Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy was a dumb bitch who got herself killed. She was pretty useless in TASM2, all she did was flip a switch at the end and she could've just told Peter "flip the big middle switch to turn the power grid back on." It seems like the writers wanted to make Gwen a stronk womyn but couldn't think of a clever way to do it so they had her stupidly throw herself into danger.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm
Spider-Man is easily one of the strongest capeshit sequel movies out there.
Agreed.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Is Douchey McNitpick still stuck in the Plot Hole?
I don't know. Doge has probably brought him back by now, Doge really loves to belittle everyone who disagrees with his shitty opinions.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:13 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Spider-Man is easily one of the strongest capeshit sequel movies out there.
Cuckara wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Yup, I haven't watched it though. I'm sure he pulls his usual strawman bullshit to defend whichever version he prefers.
According to the TGWTG wiki, the only appearance since was a brief cameo in Todd In The Shadows's review of "Applause" which was back in late 2013. Of course, that's not a guarantee he never showed up since... it could be that no one ever bothered to update the page to reflect any new appearance.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:13 pm

According to the TGWTG wiki, the only appearance since was a brief cameo in Todd In The Shadows's review of "Applause" which was back in late 2013. Of course, that's not a guarantee he never showed up since... it could be that no one ever bothered to update the page to reflect any new appearance.
Oh if he made another appearance some TGWTG autist would have been there in minutes to update that wiki.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:50 am

Deepest lore of the Channel Awesome mythos.

sigh

Post by sigh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Didn't the Linkara Ego stroke movie touch on the plot hole?
TOBE FAIR though do he really need that stupid character again? The NC himself is enough. Honestly he probably just lost the wig.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm

We need Douchey. He has such a complex characterization and character arc.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 pm

drisko wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 am
Cuckara wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 pm
Brad's Prometheus: Re-Review reminded me of Doge and how he loves to ignore real arguments. Like in his Old vs New: Spider-Man Movies video he says Tobey Maguire quits being Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 just because being a superhero is hard, he completely ignores that Tobey powers are becoming erratic and his life is a total mess. He ignores this because if he acknowledged this it would be very hard for him to argue Andrew Garfield is the superior Spider-Man. Another huge example of Doge ignoring real arguments is his terrible The Matrix review. I don't think I need to get into it, I'm sure you guys have all seen rabidtictac's video. What are some other examples of Doge tiptoeing around things that invalidate his terrible opinions? I'm curious how often he does it.
In the Willy Wonka old vs new he was so clearly biased against the old one (For good reason, it was way better) but he was trying to insist that the Gene Wilder version was truer to the book (It wasn't, that's why it's in Roald Dahl's will that no one can ever make an adaptation of the sequel) and that Tim Burton's one was mostly all new material. If you've read the book, you'll know it's the other way around, except for the daddy issues crap Burton added.
IIRC (and I'd rathe be wrong then rewatch) he uses some arbitrary criteria so that Gene Wilder wins by a slim margin.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 pm

He should've just argued that Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka is more charming and being faithful to source material isn't automatically a good thing. For example, The Shining miniseries is far more faithful to the source material than Kubrick's film but Stephen King is the only person on the planet who would argue the miniseries is better. This is basic common sense sorta stuff but Doge would rather make up nonsense than actually argue.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 pm

he actually liked the new one better, but I guess he thought his fans would sperg out if he didn't say the Wilder version was better, so he made that video where he begrudgingly let Wilder version win.

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:24 pm

http://channelawesome.com/the-sorcerers ... ia-critic/
Well Doge did a cross over with a homeless guy