The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
SpoonyDone

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by SpoonyDone » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 am

His first Sonic 06 video was pretty bad, and for me summed up just how out of touch and out of date he was as a "reviewer". Every AVGN vid where James covers a game he doesn't actually care about will consist of him playing the game for a limited amount of time, combining together some footage of him playing badly and then saying prematurely concluding his thoughts on it. Usually, he does this for an irrelevant game, but by the time he covered Sonic 06 it had been so thoroughly "reviewed" to death by more talented, passionate people that James' vid make it just a little too apparent that he doesn't really care about these vids and pumps them out in a formulaic manner for the money they rake in. Sure, we here already knew that, but to the "da fans" it made it apparent that he really is a clueless hack living on their good will, and that was just too much for them to bear.

Here's the thing about James. It is extremely apparent that he does not care about games. At all. I mean, in 11 years the man still doesn't know anything other than what he played as a kid, and what Mike has shown him. James is a hardcore nostalgic, which means he's very good at explaining and engaging with something he's knowledgable and passionate about. He sure as hell never played the Swordsquest games, but he loved the legend of them enough to be able to convey them in a compelling and satisfying way. If he doesn't know about it, then he doesn't care about it, and in general comes across as a really stubborn individual who outright refuses to do or engage with anything which isn't at least vaguely interesting to him. If it wasn't for AVGN giving him a cashcow, you kind of have to wonder how his life would have turned out with an attitude like that.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:49 am

SpoonyDone wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 am
His first Sonic 06 video was pretty bad, and for me summed up just how out of touch and out of date he was as a "reviewer". Every AVGN vid where James covers a game he doesn't actually care about will consist of him playing the game for a limited amount of time, combining together some footage of him playing badly and then saying prematurely concluding his thoughts on it. Usually, he does this for an irrelevant game, but by the time he covered Sonic 06 it had been so thoroughly "reviewed" to death by more talented, passionate people that James' vid make it just a little too apparent that he doesn't really care about these vids and pumps them out in a formulaic manner for the money they rake in. Sure, we here already knew that, but to the "da fans" it made it apparent that he really is a clueless hack living on their good will, and that was just too much for them to bear.

Here's the thing about James. It is extremely apparent that he does not care about games. At all. I mean, in 11 years the man still doesn't know anything other than what he played as a kid, and what Mike has shown him. James is a hardcore nostalgic, which means he's very good at explaining and engaging with something he's knowledgable and passionate about. He sure as hell never played the Swordsquest games, but he loved the legend of them enough to be able to convey them in a compelling and satisfying way. If he doesn't know about it, then he doesn't care about it, and in general comes across as a really stubborn individual who outright refuses to do or engage with anything which isn't at least vaguely interesting to him. If it wasn't for AVGN giving him a cashcow, you kind of have to wonder how his life would have turned out with an attitude like that.
It's true about him not caring about games cause I watched when he played cuphead and the new mario game thinking he would love it and he was just like "meh" the whole time and then at the end he called both games great like he had to. Only game he seemed to really like recently was the friday the 13th game but Mike kinda ruined that cause he kept telling James what to do instead of just having him browse around and do whatever.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:52 am

I've come to enjoy AVGN again, but only when he's reviewing some obscure shit, like the weird Game Boy accessories, because I find that weird stuff interesting. Reviewing shit like Sonic 06 just does nothing for me, but I usually get a sense that he enjoys making videos still, and he has a modicum of talent and a lot of knowledge, which automatically puts him in the upper echelon of Nobodies. His comedy is trash but hearing him talk about old Universal movies and shit is always interesting.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:55 am

Toodles wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm
James should watch his old videos to see what makes them funny and try to incorporate that into his new videos or retire the character. I can't watch AVGN anymore; it has went The Simpsons route.
No, that's exactly what it seems like he's doing already. He's no different than any other wannabe going through the motions trying to perform the 2008 AVGN shtick without any authenticity.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 am

I disagree, I very much doubt he has seen any of his old stuff in years. A lot of nobodies don't think their old stuff is worth revisiting, because they can't imagine not improving over the years, I mean, can you imagine that?! Not making progress in quality of your efforts and instead burning yourself to the ground? I will always remember ProJared shitting on his old videos, because he now thinks that being super energetic and yelling into camera makes for more quality videos. His old stuff beats any of his new efforts, but he is too delusional to see it.

By this "we can only go forward" logic, the previously mentioned Simpsons should be the best show in the universe. In reality, the original series were produced by decent writers that understood how to make at the very least a but subtle humor. Then those people started leaving and were replaced by shittier and shittier ones, resulting in the show becoming absolute dog turd with the dumbest humor imaginable.

From time to time, I watch some of the old AVGN episodes and the approach is very different. While the new ones have better camera and sometimes better cinematography, I don't even find them worth spending my time on. I'm not saying that the old episodes were some sort of gold mine, and there are certainly bad ones as well, but there was a sort of genuity that's missing in the later entries.

That should be called Doge Walker effect, where a certain nobody just gives up and starts shitting out the most popular series only for money, and you can tell, because to a person that's not an autistic die hard fan, it becomes unwatchable (one could argue that Douche's stuff was always unwatchable, but I would say there was a short period of time where his NC episodes were worth watching).

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 am

James is only good when he talks about stuff he actually cares for. I'll go ahead and repeat that he should just do old movie stuff because that's what he's actually passionate for.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 am
From time to time, I watch some of the old AVGN episodes and the approach is very different. While the new ones have better camera and sometimes better cinematography, I don't even find them worth spending my time on. I'm not saying that the old episodes were some sort of gold mine, and there are certainly bad ones as well, but there was a sort of genuity that's missing in the later entries.
I always thought this was bc he was only in his 20s at the time, and was still reliving childhood rage over dumb games. But since then, he's grown up, gotten married, had a daughter(with another kid on the way), started balding and made a movie.
So in essence, he's now playing a parody of himself from over 10 years ago. No shit things are different.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 am

Not surprised that James doesn't care much about video games. He is the movie guy.

Toodles

Post by Toodles » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:09 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 am
Not surprised that James doesn't care much about video games. He is the movie guy.
This is not quite true. He cares about some specific games from his childhood. Anything else doesn't appear on his radar.

James has never been a true gamer. He's a movie maker that once played video games in his childhood and decided to make comedy sketches about them.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Of course James' Sonic 06 review was shit. He was never going to top the master. :lol:
Attachments
Spax3.jpg
Spax3.jpg (5.78 KiB) Viewed 982 times
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.