Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
drisko

Re: Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Post by drisko » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 pm

The second one sounds good, maybe we can get a kickstarter together.

Also, big announcement, the movie is available. I don't know how long it'll take to download so I'll rent it tomorrow morning and then upload it for you guys to stream. When's that going to be?

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Okay, it's uploading. Currently watching it now and... meh. I'm six minutes in and nothing much has happened.

EDIT: I'm trying not to ruin things for the stream but... three things I want to get off my chest.

1) It's only 85 minutes long, so at least it's shorter than their other movies. That includes credits.
2) It's kind of meh and boring at first, and then Allison shows up. Then it gets painful for the next five minutes.
3) It took 23 min for Santa Christ to show up. So the movie is a quarter over before it finally gets to its premise of an atheist converting to Christianity.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut until everyone else can see this. But YT is being slow. Only 10% uploaded so far.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:44 am

We doing a DHI stream watch like last time? Should do it next weekend.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:25 am

Drisko......is it better or worse than Linkara's movie?
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:25 am
Drisko......is it better or worse than Linkara's movie?
Personally, I didn't think it was as bad because Linkara's movie was annoyingly self-indulgent on top of the terrible effects. This however... it's bad in a bad comedy way. Brad and Allison get painful when they're on screen, but aside from that it's just... boring. None of the jokes work, none of the characters are interesting or appealing but it knew what it could accomplish, set its goals realistically and you can tell the money went into the actual movie instead of just one set. There was one Star Wars joke at the end, but at least Brad did try to put in an actual joke instead of Doge's "Just the reference is funny enough."

But if you'd like, judge for yourself. Unfortunately it went down to 360p in the upload, want me to try again?

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 am

Did they just reshoot "It's a Wonderful Life" again? Fucking hell, not even Lupa's flabby arms can save this trainwreck.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:13 am

drisko wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 am
But if you'd like, judge for yourself. Unfortunately it went down to 360p in the upload, want me to try again?
It's fine, when you upload stuff, it takes time for youtube to process it, so higher resolutions are added later.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 am

- The beginning is good with Nash
- I like how they shit on Spoony with the whole "it's my character who does this" -shit
- Normally I would suspect Germans with big beer bellies, but it turns out it's some Doge Walker - minion who takes the prize.
- Now it starting to do looney tunes jokes which are badly timed.

After 10 minutes i'm stopping, this is stupid.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:43 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:13 am
drisko wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 am
It's fine, when you upload stuff, it takes time for youtube to process it, so higher resolutions are added later.
Was not aware, thanks. Was worried I'd screwed it up somehow. It's in HD now so that's been solved.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 am
After 10 minutes i'm stopping, this is stupid.
Only ten minutes in is stupid? Oh my friend, it gets dumber.

GodsGift

Post by GodsGift » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 am

It's stupid but for me it's more so just boring I couldn't be bothered to watch to much right now. I mean was any effort put into the script or acting, you know the parts that really matter I'll try again later maybe it's genius lies later in.