Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 am

Temple Of Doom is one of the best prequels out there. The fact you don't know it is a prequel, at least I didn't for years, makes it a good one. No fucking explanation in your storylines what already was established the movie before and go on with it.

To me this was more of a prequel, before the whole other star-stars trilogy was set in stone. You have an established world with established characters doing something new. Not that of a great movie none the less, but better than phantom menace.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am

I really enjoyed Ewok Adventure as a kid(never saw the second film, though).
And honestly, I like Temple more than Raiders.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri May 26, 2017 11:36 am

Charlar wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 4:46 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:11 am
Before Doge, I thought this guy was the only retard on the planet that hated Temple of Doom:

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom was a train wreck of a movie from the very beginning. Not wanting to screw with the Raiders success G&S (George & Steve) decided to make this a prequel. The film itself felt like everybody started one idea then decided it wasn't good so they stopped and started shooting something else. At the end G&S dropped all the film off at an editor's suite and told the guy to make a movie.

If you really watch Temple Of Doom there is no story, it's a constant series of events that just moves Indy from one wacky thing to the other. They needed to intro a new girl which they couldn't do in India so here comes the elaborate and silly Hong Kong intro where Indy takes a fast acting poison and then 20 minutes later when he takes the antidote he's totally fine. I was also curious why not, if it's a sequel, go back and tell of the adventure that cost Indiana Jones his relationship with Marion and how he betrayed her father Abner Ravenwood. I guess that would have been actually interesting which was a big no-no so we're stuck with this.

During the wacky Hong Kong part we meet Short Round the kooky kid with the smart mouth. This was during Spielberg's "Child like wonder" era so he had to inject kids into fucking everything he did. So Indy, his young boy sidekick and the new girl who barely knows them all board a plane together. Now Indy has taken the time to figure this ENTIRE ordeal in Hong Kong will go badly and he'll have to race to an airport. Even though he has that presence of mind he doesn't think to double check that the plane is owned by the guy he is running from.

That was done so we'd have a reason for the pilots to jump out and Indy to crash in India and drift to the town where he meets the villagers and heads to the castle to get the stones blah blah blah. Somewhere during it G&S realized they were making it too kid friendly so from out of nowhere it got extremely violent and gory.

Like I said, not a movie but a series of starts and stops that got edited together.

When Doge did his NC review of the movie I was expecting him to steal this lock, stock and barrel.
Who wrote that shitty review?
The Iann Robinson guy I mention from time to time, he wrote it on his blog.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

whatevs

Post by whatevs » Fri May 26, 2017 2:59 pm

tl;dr "Want more Shameful Sequel videos? Then get my crowdsourced novel funded first!"

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 am
Temple Of Doom is one of the best prequels out there. The fact you don't know it is a prequel, at least I didn't for years, makes it a good one. No fucking explanation in your storylines what already was established the movie before and go on with it.
It's one of the best prequels because it doesn't really try to be one of those prequels. The ones that overexplain shit we already know and are obsessed with establishing everything from the first movie.

Really, you could watch any of the first three Indie movies in any order, and it wouldn't really change much. They don't have a lot of continuity or world-buidling. Just pulp-y goodness.
Rushy wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am
I really enjoyed Ewok Adventure as a kid(never saw the second film, though).
And honestly, I like Temple more than Raiders.
I have somewhat more memories about the second Ewok one, and it seemed to be better than Episode 1. Even had a much less annoying Jar-Jar.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Fri May 26, 2017 4:12 pm

The intention was to be the next big moneygrab with toys and what not, but never came to be.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri May 26, 2017 5:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 pm
It's one of the best prequels because it doesn't really try to be one of those prequels. The ones that overexplain shit we already know and are obsessed with establishing everything from the first movie.
You have to admit though, the opening of Last Crusade with River Phoenix was pretty much that. All of Indy's trademarks, fears, and quirks originated from one day of his life when he was a Boy Scout. Riiight.

And you should totally see the second Ewok film. It is fucking brutal for a kiddie movie and even required a parental guidance warning when it first aired. George Lucas must have been in a very dark place when he wrote it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Yeah, Last Crusade was where things started to get a bit weird. As if anyone needed an origin story for his friggin' hat.

And the most batshit insane part of the second Ewok movie is right at the beginning when the bad guys raid the Ewok village and murder the little girl's entire family like in some anti-war movie set in Africa or something. All because I guess they had some trouble with the recurring actors or something .
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat May 27, 2017 2:06 am

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 am
The main reason it was a prequel was just so Indy wouldn't be that guy who fights Nazis. It wasn't so we could learn about Indy's past or some other reason, it was purely to change the setting. And it doesn't matter to the story that it's a prequel, aside from the fact we know Indy has to live. But come on, he's the hero, of course he'll live.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat May 27, 2017 4:41 am

whatevs wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 2:59 pm

tl;dr "Want more Shameful Sequel videos? Then get my crowdsourced novel funded first!"
Dollar store ashens can fuck right off, the guy has had so many books and even his board game crowd funded.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]