Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:24 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 pm
The last time I watched a Doge video Furrynigger and Tamara's Never Dieted hadn't even joined the site yet.
Same here. I haven't followed the NC videos anymore even before he stopped but would sometimes check one out. I haven't seen Demo Reel or any NC stuff after it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:26 pm

By the time he first quit doing Nostlagia Critic I’d grown out of his style of humour.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:46 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:26 pm
By the time he first quit doing Nostlagia Critic I’d grown out of his style of humour.
You can only see him scream maniacally and shoot that fake gun around in the air so many times.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:39 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:46 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:26 pm
You can only see him scream maniacally and shoot that fake gun around in the air so many times.
Didn't help that the list of movies one could actually be nostalgic for and would be interesting to make a video about was already slim pickings by then.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm

I don't watch NC anymore either but I'm still happy to see him succeed.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm
I don't watch NC anymore either but I'm still happy to see him succeed.
In the context of the #complicit movement, I agree.

We were always hoping for TGWTG to crash and burn. When they made the URL change to CA and before that the death of BLIPBLIPBLIP it was looking like we'd instead get what we most feared, a slow death. No bang but a whimper. Like the current Spoony situation. Boring.
#complicit was moderately amusing. But then, who the fuck cared about the majority of the faggots that left an already uninteresting CA? Most people that left were fags with literally a dozen views on their videos that nobody here even knew for a lack of fucks to give.
The backlash, though? Best possible outcome! There's nothing better than Schadenfreude and no better cunt to get hit with shit than Lupa. It even made the big nothing burger that is Mike Michaud memeable.
2018 was a fantastic year for DHI.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:05 pm

I maintain that the worst damage done to Channel Awesome was shattering Doge, Rob and Michaud's fragile ambitions. It's arguable that Doge is the only content producer that mattered (he allegedly went back to doing NC because CA couldn't stand on its own and needed the revenue) but having the illusion of their media empire stripped away extinguishes the original "dream" of That Guy With the Glasses. Doge's career effectively capped out years ago, but now it's impossible to pretend he'll go any higher or anywhere else. He can do Nostalgia Critic forever and that's it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:12 pm

If you're talking "higher" as in branching out and doing something entirely different, sure. He's stuck in that role, no matter how much he changes up the format. He couldn't do what RLM did with Plinkett and mostly drop it and do something else successful instead.
Mike and Rob won't ever have their media empire they dreamed of either. But as the luck is usually with the dumb, they are still falling the stairs upwards. I bet CA is more financially profitable than it ever has been in the last five years, trending up.

I don't think anyone here is actually a fan of any CA faggot. It's just well more fun to bask in the extreme failure of the shitty hangerons that would defend that shit site for years trying to take it down and failing harder than CA could've possible ever failed naturally.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 pm

As I said elsewhere, Doge also began doing this for much better reasons than the lion's share of the others. The marketplace hadn't even established itself, really. He was still working a normie job, and did the first few NC videos for fun, to "release his inner Lewis Black" or some shit like that. He wasn't looking for coattails to ride (he found them via AVGN rivalry business, but whatever), wasn't looking for a meal ticket and a free ride. The others were. Damn near all of them. Doge's videos aren't my bag, and haven't been for years, but I find the man himself a fair bit more respectable than many of his peers.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 am

Then you look at his wife and just sydh
-The user formerly known as CIANigger