Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

drisko

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by drisko » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Mister Show wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am
I wouldn't call it the same plot. The plot of Crossoverlord was about a Lightbringer villain tampering with the boundaries between universes to seek revenge, whereas AT4W is about Linkara's robot clone luring him out into space to....uhhh...seek revenge(???).

Lewis' original Crossoverlord pitch was a dry plot in which the heroes are summoned aboard a space ship (yes, a space ship) to help an inter-dimensional guardian in his fight against the Smiling Man. There was an armory portion of the story that was for attaining supplies and weapons. And then the late story was where they would board the Smiling Man's space ship, rescue anyone under his control, and have a big epic battle at the end.

It's less about what the plot is and more about HOW Lewis writes and structures his stories, crossovers in particular. The character selection is random and not optimal to the overall plot. The villain is essentially the main character's principle rival who talks the hero to death and whose sole motivation is of revenge. And the situation always has to be dire, in which failure is not an option. These are the hallmarks of Linkara writing.

If I had to do it over again, Crossoverlord would be a much smaller story in which the morals behind the actions of the primary antagonist were a little more gray, and his motivations were easier with which to empathize.
That makes sense. I should probably read Crossoverlord one day to see just how much you guys salvaged. I mean this is a guy who went from evil robot duplicate to world conquering despot to elder god as his villains and then had nowhere else to go after that.

Though one other aspect you guys missed is how much he relies on references not just to other works but the reviewers as well. Throughout the movie, Lupa and Brad are bringing up movies that they've reviewed, it's pretty much all Brad does in the movie as the 'comic relief'. Joe powers the ship by thinking about games he gave bad scores to. Hell, the big 'turning point' of the movie where Linkara realises he wants to keep living to review comics starts with him whining to Alan's corpse about some dumb plot points from comics he's reviewed, getting very specific.

Also, the 'bees' comment wasn't wicker man, it was from Amazons Attack where Batman says 'Bees, my God' and Lewis tried to make it a meme. It's understandable you missed it though, that episode is nearly nine years old at this point.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:19 am

drisko wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:44 pm
Mister Show wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am
I wouldn't call it the same plot. The plot of Crossoverlord was about a Lightbringer villain tampering with the boundaries between universes to seek revenge, whereas AT4W is about Linkara's robot clone luring him out into space to....uhhh...seek revenge(???).

Lewis' original Crossoverlord pitch was a dry plot in which the heroes are summoned aboard a space ship (yes, a space ship) to help an inter-dimensional guardian in his fight against the Smiling Man. There was an armory portion of the story that was for attaining supplies and weapons. And then the late story was where they would board the Smiling Man's space ship, rescue anyone under his control, and have a big epic battle at the end.

It's less about what the plot is and more about HOW Lewis writes and structures his stories, crossovers in particular. The character selection is random and not optimal to the overall plot. The villain is essentially the main character's principle rival who talks the hero to death and whose sole motivation is of revenge. And the situation always has to be dire, in which failure is not an option. These are the hallmarks of Linkara writing.

If I had to do it over again, Crossoverlord would be a much smaller story in which the morals behind the actions of the primary antagonist were a little more gray, and his motivations were easier with which to empathize.
That makes sense. I should probably read Crossoverlord one day to see just how much you guys salvaged.
I did, and when Mister Show and Ben told me Linkara was less and less involved in the comic as it went on I was not surprised. You can see it go from typical Linkara comic writing to something more competent over time. I actually liked the ending and ended up liking certain moments in the latter parts of it since the characters actually start interacting with each other in real ways and Lightbringer is punched by another character for being a high and mighty asswipe near the end (someone wanted to lash out an Linkara while writing that, eh Mister Show :D ).
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kama

Post by Kama » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:38 pm
suzaku wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:23 pm
So I was watching the Linkara movie with some friends last night. Is it normal
No.
That made me crack up so you got me there.

Mister Show

Post by Mister Show » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:08 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:19 am
I actually liked the ending and ended up liking certain moments in the latter parts of it since the characters actually start interacting with each other in real ways and Lightbringer is punched by another character for being a high and mighty asswipe near the end (someone wanted to lash out an Linkara while writing that, eh Mister Show :D ).
That one wasn't my writing. I gave up writing for Lightbringer long before that happened. That was someone else's idea to give Lightbringer a character arc.
Scroll all the way up on that page and look who she's tweeting to.

Also, this... https://youtu.be/Rhlr4XXW6r8

Read the comments on that vid.
Big money! Big prizes! I love it!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:06 am

Mister Show wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:08 am
Poonoo wrote:
I actually liked the ending and ended up liking certain moments in the latter parts of it since the characters actually start interacting with each other in real ways and Lightbringer is punched by another character for being a high and mighty asswipe near the end (someone wanted to lash out an Linkara while writing that, eh Mister Show :D ).
That one wasn't my writing. I gave up writing for Lightbringer long before that happened. That was someone else's idea to give Lightbringer a character arc.

LOL.

Oh man... Jim really needs to step up his game and give the people all the juicy DHI level sperg we've got documented.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 am

Mister Show wrote:
Poonoo wrote:

Damn. Just damn. I bet Liz has so much dirt. "Integrity is important" dude... If she went on Jim's show, she could blow the door wide open on Linkara's "I'm a heterosexual male" lies. She didn't mention it, but she said TGWTG was a cavalcade of autism and they behaved very unethically. A lot of what she said sounds like it came from here. :lol:

Iron Liz has been honest about herself. I think she would probably want Linkara to be honest too. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 am

Scrolled through it. If anyone wants the TL;DR version, she's going to appear on a podcast to talk TGWTG. Also, Liz is embarrassed by her time there, but wishes everyone the best. And considering the majority of her output was appearing on AT4W, I'm willing to bet that'll be the main focus.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 am

Mister Show wrote:
Poonoo wrote:

Pat and linkara for 60 minutes, how unwatchable. I'd rather suck off boogie than listen to that.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]