The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Duwango
Goon

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Duwango » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:47 am
James has passion and insight into movies so I think he'll do just fine. He only does a nerd video once in a blue moon anyway. Christ simply saying he's NOT going to review Ghostbusters made him relevant again.
His reasoning for not wanting anything to do with the 2016 Ghostbusters movie was pretty much the most apolitical and civilized point of view out there, and James still got smeared as a waycissss and zekcissssss by the usual tumblrtards and catladies.

Speaking of them, I've noticed that quite a significant portion of them have been engaging in a fierce historical revisionist blitzkrieg against the old franchise since last year, and antagonizing pretty much any fan of the original movies/cartoons they can come across. No wonder that the slow death of modern liberalism just keeps on intensifying along with the Democratic party niggershines. :lol:
Pope Corky III wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:54 am
asdf wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:48 am
It was never the only thing he did, though, it was just the one that got the most popular.
Back then it definitely was. He didn't start doing all sorts of shows until many years after that.
Yes and no. James was already engaged on doing side projects on Youtube as far back as 2007, which is also the same year he started the annual Monster Madness reviews. Suffice to say, those alone are just as important and relevant as the AVGN material as far as the fanbase is concerned.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 am

Doge should have kept doing the sketches he did initially like this:

And kept them on youtube.

Man I really miss Video Game Confessions
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:42 pm

The ones with the barkeeper? Man, talk about a blast from the past.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:54 pm

I guess you're right that is possibly could be done, like Red Letter Media has. slowly fading out Plinkett while simultaneously building up other shows.

Doge was a moron to abruptly and with no warning kill his popular show with absolutely nothing good to replace it with. To this day I laugh when people say the words "demo reel".
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 pm

He doesn't even have to drop the nerd completely. He's already doing more other shit than he does AVGN episodes. I just wish the other stuff would be something better than him and Motherfuckermike sitting on a couch playing vidya James doesn't understand and Mike has nothing interesting to say about but will say it anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm

It's funny to think of James as a metal head movie maker and video games be his least favorite thing, he should discuss music since he likes it, or more vhs tapes, or even the box art critique, you can just tell though AVGN is like a job to him and not enjoyable.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Jizz Rag

Post by Jizz Rag » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Fuck this quitting shit. I have negative interest in someone jerking off about old 1930's monster movies for two hours. FUUUUCK that shit up the ass HARD. He stops being the Nerd, I stop watching, and I'm sure that goes for a good chunk of his fan base too. A guy with a wife and a kid no doubt feels that keenly.

AVGN #300 coming in 2030!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm
It's funny to think of James as a metal head movie maker and video games be his least favorite thing, he should discuss music since he likes it, or more vhs tapes, or even the box art critique, you can just tell though AVGN is like a job to him and not enjoyable.
He started to do a metal podcast but it petered off after three episodes unfortunately.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Jizz Rag wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:00 pm
Fuck this quitting shit. I have negative interest in someone jerking off about old 1930's monster movies for two hours. FUUUUCK that shit up the ass HARD. He stops being the Nerd, I stop watching, and I'm sure that goes for a good chunk of his fan base too. A guy with a wife and a kid no doubt feels that keenly.

AVGN #300 coming in 2030!
Go away Matei
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 pm

At first I thought that was Mike posting, but he didn't mention his giant dick, so I figured it probably wasn't him.