Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 1:13 am
I'd like to mention Hobo with a Shotgun as a negative example. It tries way too hard and is boring shit. I was high when I was watching it and it still managed to disappoint greatly.
I agree. I saw it because of the hype. It sounded like something I'd enjoy, but it isn't nearly as intelligent as a film like Black Dynamite, and it's not half as funny as Birdemic or Human Tornado.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm

And therein lies the movie's genius. The movie isn't funny because hobos aren't funny, for they are a sign of what is going wrong with society. By playing with your expectations and something something 2deep4u.

(I can only assume that Blob's opinion of the movie is a bit like that.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Hobo with a Shotgun is one of those films that's just sort of trashy and shit for the sake of being trashy and shit. If it came out when all those grindhouse classics did, it'd be remembered as one of the z-tier dogshit ones nobody liked.

There's a certain vigor, wit and madcap genius to a film like Human Tornado that's lacking in these imitators. Black Dynamite got it right by being so faithful in visuals and sound, and ultimately by having super sharp dialogue that tapped into the genre of blaxploitation. It's probably better written than most films in its genre, but it kind of had to be to justify its own existence in a world where those old films still exist. Movies like Black Dynamite have to give you a reason to watch them instead of just watching Dolemite/Boss Nigger again.

Sort of like how every Star Wars movie after Jedi had to justify its own existence, and they all failed. I can just go watch the old ones and they're still miles better than the new shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 pm
Movies like Black Dynamite have to give you a reason to watch them instead of just watching Dolemite/Boss Nigger again.
Did somebody say "Boss Nigger"?
http://i.imgur.com/WEt4paU.gif
'cause I think I just heard somebody say "BOSS NIGGER"!

phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri May 05, 2017 12:15 pm

The Day Today, Brass Eye

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat May 13, 2017 1:27 am

So TFS is back. Their new episode consists of a reference to We Are Number One, a bunch of lolgayjokes, and only 10 minutes of content.

The comment section is full of those cancerous, "now everyone will complain the episodes are too short," people.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat May 13, 2017 1:42 am

So they're planning to wrap up around episode 60, because of how season one had ten episodes and season two had twenty. You could have easily condensed the whole Goku v Cell fight down to one episode if you cut a few jokes out and extended it another two minutes or so, had 59 be when he fights Gohan at first and then episode 60 you have part one be the ending battle while parts two and three are the wrap up and Trunks going back to the future, which you know they're going to drag out.

Either they're going to go super long or they're doing more episodes.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 13, 2017 3:27 am

Like I said, just read fucking Buttlord GT instead. Who needs all this incestuous circle-jerking and "muh original satire universe"? I want to see jokes about fucking DBZ.
RAPEMAN wrote:

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat May 13, 2017 4:13 am

asdf wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 1:27 am
So TFS is back. Their new episode consists of a reference to We Are Number One, a bunch of lolgayjokes, and only 10 minutes of kahntent.
Don't forget the forced "Yamcha/Krillin is so uselsss lol" joke.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat May 13, 2017 4:42 am

Every joke they make is forced. It started out as exaggerations of the character flaws but then those flaws simply became the characters.

I know that's usually what happens in a long running series, but they're not even 60 episodes in and you can actually see the clear shift in how they wrote the characters happen somewhere around 15 or so in.