DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kama

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Kama » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:25 am
DHI podcast would be funny for about ten episodes. Then we'd have to kill it because of dickriders and cults of personalities. I'd enjoy sperging with you guiz and seeing people sperge in comments sections, but I would hate to see us become fucking SoK faggots.

If we were even going to set one up, they'd have to be divided by topic basically like how Jim does his videos, where we spend a podcast talking about Linkara or Spoony or whoever. But I also kind of prefer the group text chat + watchtogether setup because more anons can get in on the banter. People can just join and post and we don't have people competing for slots in a skype or dischord call or whatever the fuck.

Not to mention every episode would devolve into OMG U GUISE Spoony is such a fagmo!

But yeah I wouldn't wanna see us go down the route of the SoK. I enjoy laughing at pathetic fucks with you guys without some shit podcast.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Nah, only like 5 people who are DHI regulars give a single shit about Spoony. Most of the shitposts in that thread are memes, jokes, off-topic and general fuckery. Spoony doesn't do anything these days. We're just waiting until the house finally gets repo'd.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
DHI podcast would be funny for about ten episodes. Then we'd have to kill it because of dickriders and cults of personalities. I'd enjoy sperging with you guiz and seeing people sperge in comments sections, but I would hate to see us become fucking SoK faggots.

If we were even going to set one up, they'd have to be divided by topic basically like how Jim does his videos, where we spend a podcast talking about Linkara or Spoony or whoever. But I also kind of prefer the group text chat + watchtogether setup because more anons can get in on the banter. People can just join and post and we don't have people competing for slots in a skype or dischord call or whatever the fuck.
I think something like that would work, as well as maybe a riff/commentary on the movies. Including At4W and Jesus, Bro (I'd say don't do all of Brad's movies, it'd wear out quick). And then an episode or two on anything we didn't cover. After that, unless some big drama thing happens, it'd have to die.

I'd say you could squeeze about thirty episodes out if you went that way, especially if we go into old drama. But no more than that. Even forty would be too much.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm
We're just waiting until the house finally gets repo'd.
Admittingly that's how I feel about DSP

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:51 pm

He sabotaged his own voting pool, what a genius :lol:

Why does a man in his late twenties (at the time) need a strategy guide for Dark Souls :lol:

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Are you telling me there aren't strategy guides you can just look up on GameFaqs? The only guides I've ever paid for were Pokemon where you need so many pieces of info that it's inconvenient to look them up online.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Granted, I too have the strategy guide because it's a nice hardback book that's really well done.
I find the toughness of the game to be overstated and the mechanics not really all that complicated. There's some badly explained stuff like poise but otherwise it's really not that complicated.
But guys, don't pretend like Phil wouldn't absolutely need one. He needs a handler to guide him through the entire game. He looked more times at the twitch chat than the game screen.
rabidtictac wrote:
DHI podcast would be funny for about ten episodes. Then we'd have to kill it because of dickriders and cults of personalities.
See, that's what I don't like. That kinda thing is really not preventable in the long run. I like DHI best as DHI and not as that place where those five people with the podcast post.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:02 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 am
Did I mention how greedy DSP is? His whole bitching about Nintendo shit is him complaining that he can't TRIPLE DIP for revenue.

Think about that.

He gets paid by patreons to play these games. So that's 1 time he got paid for playing Mario Sunshine.

He plays it on Twitch, and gets bits, tips, cheers and all other micro donations from BrightSideCucking. That's twice now he's been paid for the same playthrough.

Then he uploads to youtube and youtube pays him for a THIRD time on the SAME playthrough. So now he's been paid three times over to play a single game.

All this bitching about not making money? He's only "not making money" on that THIRD time. He still makes that money the first two ways. He still gets paid twice to do something once.

Everything about his setup is all based around milking a tiny fanbase multiple times per person for the maximum revenue. Unsustainable as fuck.

Oh and I should ask kama how much he had to do with all the SoK leaks. :lol: Of course he leaked stuff to us a year or two ago, but nobody here cared enough to spread it. :lol:
At one point he was considering making "best of" montages in addition to full playthroughs. This should come as a shock to no one, but the project died after he realized it would take work, but it'd just make my day if he brought that back.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:06 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm
Nah, only like 5 people who are DHI regulars give a single shit about Spoony. Most of the shitposts in that thread are memes, jokes, off-topic and general fuckery. Spoony doesn't do anything these days. We're just waiting until the house finally gets repo'd.
Im waiting to dance on his unmarked tombstone.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm
Granted, I too have the strategy guide because it's a nice hardback book that's really well done.
I find the toughness of the game to be overstated and the mechanics not really all that complicated. There's some badly explained stuff like poise but otherwise it's really not that complicated.
But guys, don't pretend like Phil wouldn't absolutely need one. He needs a handler to guide him through the entire game. He looked more times at the twitch chat than the game screen.
rabidtictac wrote:
DHI podcast would be funny for about ten episodes. Then we'd have to kill it because of dickriders and cults of personalities.
See, that's what I don't like. That kinda thing is really not preventable in the long run. I like DHI best as DHI and not as that place where those five people with the podcast post.
Dark Souls is really overstated on difficulty. It became a meme of course and that didn't help, but the game is not that hard. It's pretty common for me to have DS1 runs where I don't die at all until around the first time I hit the demon ruins or blighttown. I'm not talking about some super special lucky run either.

There's no reason to die on Asylum Demon, ever.

No reason to die on Taurus Demon if you have an ok shield or can roll.

No reason to die on Undead Burg upper or lower unless you fall off a cliff or some such. The boar can be a pain I guess.

No reason to die on Capra after the first time you beat it. Keep stamina and poise up and a good shield or fast roll.

No reason to die on Gargoyles because you can cheat by summoning solaire or using lightning on your weapon.

No reason to ever die on the Moonlight Butterfly. That bitch can't do shit to you, AND he dies fast with a magic build AND you can summon an NPC.

The Rat is kind of an asshole because it's shittily-designed and lazy as fuck, but you can just damage race it.

I guess you might die on Gaping Dragon, because he has some moves that deal high damage.

No reason to ever die on the fire spider bitch, because her attacks are pretty easy to avoid or block and fire resistant shields are quite common. Also you can summon Mildred.

You might die in Blighttown a lot or might not at all. Depends how many times you fall off some shit and how many grasses you bring. A souls player of average skills might commonly find themselves at Sen's Fortress before encountering their first death.

I won't go through the entire game, but the beginning 1/2 to 1/3rd is pretty fucking easy once you have an idea how to play. Black Knights are probably the hardest thing in the beginning part of the game, specifically dudes with greatswords.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome