MonHun

Post a reply

Smilies
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: MonHun

Re: MonHun

by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pm

I fucking hate Kirin....
got the message 10 minutes left and pushed too much and got lightning stunned fuckkk that fucker in the horsearse rushystyle

I could manage him in a bit of open terrain but the fucker flees to places where there hardly is any room to dodge all his lighting shit.

Will try again later but I feel a ranged weapon would be much easier against this fucking edgy brony lightning rocker
Doesnt help at all that the fucker keeps prancing around like a fucking faggot either.

Re: MonHun

by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:32 pm

I got the fail to connect error constantly on ps4. It just sucks there's no option to start the game offline.

Re: MonHun

by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:56 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:54 pm
How often do you guys get the failed to connect error?
I've been getting it at least once a day and on Friday I got it all the time. I'm mostly a solo player but I can imagine that sucks a lot for group players. Plus, the more time they have to spend on fixing that, the less time they will spend on better performance.
Thankfully, they will work for at least two more years on the game. The MonHun division of Capcom is pretty much like an entirely different company from regular Capcom. They actually care and we'll get G-rank eventually as well.

Re: MonHun

by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Cool, looks like the desire sensor learned a new trick this generation!

Re: MonHun

by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:54 pm

How often do you guys get the failed to connect error?
I really expected a patch by now to fix this.

Im perfectly kahntent playing single player but had some people join my game recently and that was pretty fun too. Seems about 40% chance I get in a lobby and 60% of the time I get an error. Of course everytime I think "lets see how the flares work, or lets help somebody out" those are the times I get the connection error...

Re: MonHun

by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33 am

I did say moves that have ESP. Pretty much every weapon either has one or doesn't care about bouncing like lances and projectile weapons.

Re: MonHun

by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:22 am

Dual Blades in "Rip and Tear"-mode (or whatever it was called) never bounce, too. Also pretty much every charged Great Sword attack AFAIK. And the Switch-Axe in sword mode.

Re: MonHun

by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:46 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 am
I don't think a blade with even white sharpness can cut a Diablos head but a hammer with only green sharpness already wouldn't bounce.
The only thing I'd add to this is the longsword r1 string never ever bounces no matter the sharpness. So it's very useful for situations where you have a chance to get in a lot of damage on an armored monster, but wouldn't normally be able to without the weapon bouncing off.

Another advantage of this is you can go ham on a heavily-armored tail without worrying about the blade bouncing off or about losing that critical bit of sharpness to take your weapon down into bounce-off territory.

Certain attacks in MonHun have the property of never bouncing off. The hammer's charged r1 likewise will never bounce off.

Re: MonHun

by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 am

It's a low rank thing. That mostly changes later on. The ingame information with it's three stars isn't exactly the most accurate thing anyway and you're mostly right with your assumption. If we take a look at Diablos:
Image

We see that it's pretty much what you'd expect. Bottom of the tail is a lot weaker to slash, the hard top of it is weaker to impact.
Don't get too confused by impact dealing less damage to the head, which is very hard. Any attack by blades that doesn't have ESP (cuts through everything, like LS spirit attacks) will absolutely bounce. So it may cause a tiny bit more damage but makes one stumble, costs a good bit of sharpness and won't KO like a hammer would. I don't think a blade with even white sharpness can cut a Diablos head but a hammer with only green sharpness already wouldn't bounce.

Lances do pierce damage, both of them. With the poking attacks anyway. I believe that the Funlance slam does impact and that the swipe from both does slash. The upwards swipe of the Gunlance does slash as well.
Both won't bounce on a low rank Diablos head at green sharpness, for example. The upwards swipe of the Gunlance does, however. That can lead to one messing up if you're happily poking away at it's head and then decide to go for an upwards swipe into slam and suddenly bounce. If you're far away that only the slam hits it won't bounce.

I'm not 100% certain about the swipe, though. I have yet to bounce on anything doing that move and especially on a downed monster you hit it in multiple areas. It may have natural ESP even.
Of course, wyrmstake and shelling don't care about any of that. Wyrmstake can't bounce and shelling deals true damage anyway because it counts as an explosion. Wyrmstake will do fuckall damage to a resilient part, though. In a weakspot it can sometimes even compete with wyvernfire.
The swipe by the regular Lance is really only ever used to get off small monsters from you. I've played it hundreds of hours in 4U and I don't believe I've ever used it against a large monster.


Edit: That image came out hilariously tiny. Here's the link to it for a closer look.

Re: MonHun

by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:31 pm
There is a difference between blunt and sharp: blunt is generally better against "hard" body parts (mostly the head), while sharp is usually better against softer parts and pretty much required to cut off tails.
One major exception to this damage type system is the vanilla Lance, which will always be treated as having the most effective type against any given body part it hits.
Then why does the monster guide thing give the same star ratings?

Top