Lindsay's Liver wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 pm
SO, what do you think of Trump's chances in November as of now? The polls and the media are telling us that he's doomed. More than one right wing commentator has turned on him.
The way I see it.
- Trump lead us to a great economy and I think he can do it again.
- Even if you don't like him, a Trump vote is a vote against all of the "woke" culture war horseshit that we see everyday and I think that a LOT of people are on the "right" side of that.
- His opponent is slipping mentally and babbling all over the place while Trump remains solid and coherent and comfortable when addressing an audience.
- I believe in the "silent majority" who want conservatives in power because I'm one of those silent poeple. I don't talk about my politics on social media or with co-workers because I don't want to risk the repurcussions. Maybe I'm a wimp, but I'm an employed
wimp who never worries about my house being vandalized. I save that shit for my lady
and for YOU, dear DHI.
- EVERYTHING that the media is saying about Trump's chances in November, they were also saying in 2016.
- Trump has been remarkably weak when it comes to the civil unrest lately. He doesn't seem to know what to do with it. He's an economy guy. He's not a cultural crisis guy. He talks big talk on Twitter, but doesn't follow through.
- While Blue states fall into anarchy, Red States that embraced re-opening see huge spikes in China Virus numbers. Do I trust those statistics? No, but some people do freak out over them. I live in Texas and we're a mess right now. I half-expect us to go into full April flashback lockdown any week now. If so, that will reflect badly on our Republican governor and, thus, reflect badly on Trump.
Meanwhile, the debates and Biden's VP choice could still sway this thing BIG.